Complaint Review: CHASE BANK

• Submitted: Fri, July 24, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 24, 2009

• Reported By:BROOKLYN New York
CHASE BANK
NEW YORK Nationwide U.S.A.

CHASE BANK FRAUDULENT BANKING RIPOFFS from WAMU Customers 10001 - New York Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Jim is right.

*Consumer Comment: Probably Quite A While

This CHASE BANK is a fraud. I had a WAMU credit card account. This fraudulent Bank bought WAMU and changed all the excellent customer services provided by WAMU.

This Chase people unilaterally increased my interest payment on my WAMU card without cause. Recently, they canceled my credit card. I made my monthly payment on time. I called the customer service, these idiots were rude.

I dont know how long they'll survive as a Bank with this business style.

CHASE BANK is stealing innocent WAMU customers money and they think it's business-savvy? Congratulations. I assure you, almost all former WAMU customers will leave Chase Bank. I HATE CHASE BANK, I was sad knowing that Chase Bank bought WAMU.

I live in NY, Chase Bank is based in NYC - I dont like their fraudulent business tactics - never wanted to do business with them.

I will move my business to the BANK OF AMERICA here in NYC.

NOTE: I know a Chase Bank representative is trolling in this website. Listen I wouldn't reply to your response to this comment.

Danwilliams
BROOKLYN, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2009 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHASE-BANK/nationwide/CHASE-BANK-FRAUDULENT-BANKING-RIPOFFS-from-WAMU-Customers-10001-New-York-Nationwide-472928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHASE BANK

Jim is right.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

The problem is not Chase. The problem is that you are borrowing money on a credit card. The credit card agreement (which you probably never bothered to read) states that the issuing bank can determine what interest rate they will charge you, and they can change it at any time just by notifying you. If you decide to take your business to B of A, READ the card agreement they give you. It will say the same thing. If you read up on some of the reports on this site, you will find that B of A is not shy about jacking up rates when they feel the need to do so.

The basic issue is borrowing under the typical credit card agreement. The terms are such that you have no control over what you will eventually pay back. There is really no difference between banks when it comes to this. The only way to avoid it is to refuse to carry a balance on a card.

Probably Quite A While

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

The issue here is whether this is happening simply to you or whether this is a universal process throughout the industry. I will tell you it's the latter. Switching banks will not necessarily give you the satisfaction you require - I would search this website for proof of this. All banks are the same.

If you don't wish to do business with this bank - that's up to you. I would not expect service that is markedly better because rudeness seems to be universal through the industry.