- Report: #653977
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: CHASE BANK
CHASE BANK270 Park Ave Nationwide United States of America
CHASE BANK Washington Mutual WARNING: Do not apply for a Loan Modification From CHASE BANK, they are a bunch of uneducated LIARS! And the program is a SCAM!! Don't WASTE your time!!! NY, Nationwide
*Consumer Suggestion: Regarding chase bank
*Consumer Comment: SMH, Since Chase has $11 BILLION in secret life insurance policies on its current & former employees.....
*Consumer Comment: SMH, It certainly appears that this entire 'Loan Modification' is another SCAM that was devised by....
*Consumer Comment: You are going through a very troubling time...
1. We were told that we are the perfect candidates to receive this so called loan modification (and still are)
2. We started the proceedings after my husband had lost his job in 2009 and we had several unexpected medical conditions pop up
3. I started a new business in 2008 and it is just getting off of the ground
4. We had never missed a house payment prior to applying for the modification
5 We never missed a house payment during the proceedings of the loan modification trial period in which they lowered our house payment by about 1k per month.
6. In October of 2009 We went online and downloaded the application, filled it out in its entirety, which took 15 hours of our time to gather and fax.
7. We had to keep calling to try and get answers on what was happening with the modification, because they would not call us. However their debt collectors called continually.
8. We were never able to get a hold of someone who spoke proper, understandable ENGLISH, and could never get a hold of the same person twice it was literally like pulling teeth to get any answers.
9. When we finally were able to speak to someone in ENGLISH, they said we were still missing some papers (which we werent, because there was a check list and I am meticulous when it comes to files and paperwork) and they told us we would have to start from the beginning and re-fax everything again. This time we had to re gather current data, so it took another 10 hours of our time and some of the application papers had changed, so we had to redo everything and fax again
10 Another month goes by and we phone Chase and again they claim missing paperwork, due to the fact that the people receiving the faxes are in another state and that they may have lost the papers during transmission.so this time I told them to send me an overnight package and I will send a copy via FedEX.
11. All along the way they were reassuring us that we were perfect candidates for the modification, giving us hope that things would be fine and the paperwork time was worth it. I have several letters they sent us telling us how much they wanted to help us.
12. In June of 2010 they sent us a letter stating that our loan modification was Denied BECAUSE WE HAD NEVER MISSED A HOUSE PAYMENT AND THEY SAID WE MADE TOO MUCH MONEY IN 2008. HOWEVER THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN GOING BY OUR 2009 RETURNS!!! and that we were now in default of a past due amount of the 1k for each month of the trial period
13. At this point we decided to put some money into trying to sell our home and hired a listing agent, while still making our house payment.
14. Then one evening in early September a man delivered a Certified Letter from CHASE stating once again how they wanted to help us and that we should re apply, so we called them on the phone and said that we had listed our house, but that if they thought we could ACUTALLY GET A MODIFICATION, WE WOULD REAPPLY. At the same time this delivery man was outside our home taking pictures of the FOR SALE sign in our yard.
15. We took the house off of the market the next day per their advice on reapplying. I worked until 4 in the morning filling out, gathering and coping another set of these papers, then took it to the Fed Ex office first thing that day.
16. We and our real estate agent then started receiving strange phone calls from people pretending to have interest in the house and wanting to get in to see it Later we found out that these were people who sneak in on behalf of the bank to change your locks we also started receiving several phone calls daily from the CHASE phone numbers and when we would answer, they would hang up. I spoke to CHASE again and they said they noticed that the house was marked as a short sale in their records. A short sale was NEVER discussed with CHASE or anyone else. We put our home on the market on our own.
17. Two weeks ago my husband calls to find out what is going on with our loan modification and the woman says again we are missing papers, you will need to start over and resend by this time we are ready to pull our hair out because of the hours and money wasted, and their lack of competence.
18. We went online and again it is the same papers we have filled out and sent in over and over, 4 times, 2 via fax and 2 sets via Fed Ex.
19. A couple of days ago we received a letter via the U.S. Postal service regular mail stating that they are going to foreclose on our house on November 15th. In with that same letter was a letter stating that CHASE bank really wants to help us and that we should apply for a loan modification HA!
20. I called CHASE one last time today to see what they had to say about all of this and they said that there is not much time but that they are still missing our paperwork I insisted once again that everything was in the Fed Ex and in all of the faxes, but she said it must have gotten misplaced. When I told her I wanted to hand deliver the pack this time and that I am willing to get on a plane to do so, she giggled and said well any office you go to would just be faxing the work to the same number you would be sending it to. I told her that this was no laughing matter and said that my husband and I have been working since we were 12 years of age to get what we have and then said my good bye, which was a click in her ear. By the way this girl sounded as though she was just out of high school.
I am sick over this, not because we are losing our home that we worked so hard for, because I know we will be just fine without CHASE BANK, but for all of the people out there who still believe that these people truly want to help us, when the truth is they could care less.
You can fill out the paperwork and they can throw a few pages away, and drag it out until you are so far behind, then refuse the loan and pull the rug out from under you. My suggestion is to take it in person and sit down with a real person, but after my conversation with this twit today, they wont do that either so I call this one a BIG SCAM!!! I am now seeking legal action, and a class action suit.
Dear Mr. President WHERE are you? WHO are you?? And WHY arent you fixing this problem you helped to create??? I did not vote for you, but I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and try to believe in what you said you would do.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2010 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHASE-BANK/nationwide/CHASE-BANK-Washington-Mutual-WARNING-Do-not-apply-for-a-Loan-Modification-From-CHASE-B-653977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.