Complaint Review: CHASE PAYMENT TECH OR "PAYMENT SYSTEMS"

• Submitted: Tue, January 26, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 03, 2012

• Reported By: JAK — Temecula California United States of America
CHASE PAYMENT TECH OR "PAYMENT SYSTEMS"
5901 Priestly Drive Ste. 303 Carlsbad, California United States of America
  • Phone: 888-592-5041
  • Web:
  • Category:

CHASE PAYMENT TECH OR "PAYMENT SYSTEMS" Ripped Off Carlsbad, California

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry to hear about your experience. Let's talk.

*Consumer Suggestion: What you should do.

This is my cancellation letter to  Payment Systems;

I am closing my account with you and incurring a large financial loss, due to your poor service, too many 3rd party providers and being lied to by your Account Executive.

When you called me at the shop to solicit my business I was told over the phone that you were Wells Fargo. Nothing on your paper work indicated that you were Wells Fargo only a small circled Wells Fargo word on a random page of the contact.  When I received the Credit Card processing equipment it stated on the screen the word Chase.  I was also told by your account representive that 100 gift cards were free.  I then find out that there is a $15.00 a month charge and I had to pay to have them printed that was another $25.00 fee. This was even before I received the equipment to process transactions.  During our meeting,  your Rep put down the wrong equipment information after I told her many times that I ran static IP due to the background checks.  The first Credit Card machine that arrived didnt even come with roll of paper to start out!  I then called your Rep on her cell phone about the equipment and she stated that she screwed up and would do something about the first months bill, she didnt.   So after the phone call and waiting another 10 days I received the right equipment.  I then find out that the machine wasnt even programmed and for whatever reason I couldnt download the program from the shop to start using it.  That night I had to take the equipment HOME and waste 2 hours of my time with customer service and an individual from Texas to get the program downloaded.

I then called customer service a couple of days later to download the gift card program.  Guess what!! I could not do that from the shop either.  At this point I was fed up with payment tech and all the little hidden fees, so I called the gift card people (Bank of America) and cancelled that portion and was hit with $125.00 cancellation fee for a service that I was never able to use!!

I have closed all bank accounts pertaining to this service.  Please send me an invoice for the cancellation fee.

I am sending this letter and information concerning your company to the US Department of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, California Attorney Generals Office and the internet site Rip off Reports.  You do nothing but destroy small businesses.

I called Payment Tech and spoke to a Supervisor after the account Rep left concerning Mike's report. The supervisor stated that Mike was a disgruntled employee and that he is not telling the truth.

Ladco, the equipment company now wants $3,600.00 in cancellation fees for the CC processing machines.  This is the BIGGEST business mistake I have ever done!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2010 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHASE-PAYMENT-TECH-OR-PAYMENT-SYSTEMS/Carlsbad-California-92008/CHASE-PAYMENT-TECH-OR-PAYMENT-SYSTEMS-Ripped-Off-Carlsbad-California-560336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHASE PAYMENT TECH OR "PAYMENT SYSTEMS"

Sorry to hear about your experience. Let's talk.

AUTHOR: Payment Systems Alex - (United States of America)

Good afternoon.  I'm an employee of Payment Systems and wanted to inquire further into this affair as soon as I saw it online.  I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the company.  Please feel free to contact me so we can figure out a solution.  I look forward to speaking with you.  Take care.

Sincerely,

Alex Phillips
Payment Systems
Corporate Web and Media Coordinator
CustomerService@paymentsystemscorp.com

#2 Consumer Suggestion

What you should do.

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

This company did the same thing to us in southern oregon: There was a company like this that got shut down by the FTC a year or so back.  Contact the FTC, like we did, the contact person is Mary Benfield - mbenfield@ftc.gov she is looking into this and just needs a few more people to help with the case.  She suggests to report info to her and also post it to the www.ftc.gov website as well which helps.  All companies that have been scammed by Payment Systems should do the same!