Complaint Review: CHASE VISA

• Updated: Thu, March 11, 2010

• Reported By: Pete — Capo Beach United States of America
CHASE VISA
p.O Box 15298 wilmington, Delaware United States of America

CHASE VISA Chase United Milage Plus I canceled my card and they took away qualifying miles wilmington, Delaware

I have been a chase customer for years; not by choice but because they bought my old credit card company awhile back. I had a very bad experience with them 25 years ago and have tried to avoid doing business with them since them. Unfortunately I cannot always do that. I cancelled my travel card with them on Saturday and today I received a letter stating that the miles I have acquired with them will be suspended because I cancelled the card even if I pay my bill on time. I spoke with their customer service rep and he was very smug and discourteous when he told me that "yes, even though you pay your bill completely and on time....you will lose those miles since you cancelled the card."

I earned those miles by using the card and by paying my bills on time. I have done everything within the rules set down by CHASE and acted in good faith and now they are penalizing me for doing so. I don't understand how they can continue to operate and attract customers when they act so shortsighted of future business prospects.

Fortunately I am in a positive financial situation and it doesn't really affect me in a dramatic way but I can imagine what it does to those less fortunate. I have a car loan through them also and I will pay it off 3 years ahead of schedule within the week just to make sure they don't acquire anymore wealth from me. In the future I will be more vigilant in my efforts to make sure that any business I conduct or negotiate does not involve CHASE and I will tell as many associates and friends the same.

I know that credit card companies look upon people that pay their bills on time as "deadbeat" card holders since they don't make money off of them in terms of outstanding debts that accumulate finance charges, but to be treated badly because you pay your bills on time is unforgivable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 10:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHASE-VISA/wilmington-Delaware-19850-5298/CHASE-VISA-Chase-United-Milage-Plus-I-canceled-my-card-and-they-took-away-qualifying-miles-580101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHASE VISA