• Report: #482097

Mail Code IL1-6215

2500 Westfield Drive

Elgin, IL  60124

RE:          Check Gallery VISA Account **** **** **** 3805

Thank you for the letter in response to my request for Chase to re-open my account they closed due to no activity.  From the letter, I see you decided to not re-open my account but never said exactly why.  Next time you might want to be clearer as to why the request to re-open an account was denied.  But regardless, heres my response to your letter.

First off, I am not some deadbeat consumer and I have a spotless credit history that spans some 20+ years.  Have I ever been late, overdrawn, filed bankruptcy, or anything of the like?  No, never, not with you or any other creditorEVER.  In times like this you should be lucky to have a customer like me on your books.

What makes this somewhat humorous is a few months ago you gave my small business a credit line and then decided to cut my personal line and close my account for any reason as you so kindly pointed out in your letter to me.  As soon as my 0% free ride period is up that account will be closed by me, you dont deserve a consumer like me, my business doesnt need a bank like you and I personally dont want to do business with Chase ever again.

Whats so disturbing about all this is at the same time you treat good consumers like this you are getting $25 Billion in Federal TARP money (aka taxpayer money, aka my money) to bail out Chase since they mismanaged their business.  Glad I could spot you a few bucks, too bad you couldnt pay it forward.  Chase is clearly a bunch of corporate crooks and its nice that you let it be known by all this.

Since this is the end of our relationship, please stop sending myself and my business pre approved offers in the mail.  The next one that comes is being sent back to Chase with a brick attached to it.  Chase is paying for the postage arent they?  Oh wait, that would be me and my TARP money I loaned Chase.

Outstanding Consumer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2009 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHASE/Elgin-Illinois-60124/CHASE-Chase-Bank-USA-NA-Chase-Credit-Line-Termination-Atlanta-Georgia-482097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHASE

SImple math

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

This one is easy to explain. If you are not using the card, ie no account activity, and you are not carrying a balance, then you are not making them any money.

Banks are in the business to make money, your account was costing them money to keep open. So they cancelled it. They do not want customers that carry no balance and pay no interest, they WANT people who can barely afford to keep a credit card.