Complaint Review: CHEAP TICKETS .COM

• Updated: Fri, August 09, 2002

• Reported By:San Leandro CA
CHEAP TICKETS .COM
http://web.cheaptickets.com , U.S.A.

CHEAPTICKETS.COM BOGUS REFUND POLICY ripoff evil dirt bags rip off scam con artists consumer rip-off fraud

*UPDATE Employee: RTDT ( Read the Darn Thing)

On May 31, 2002, I booked a flight from Oakland to Philadelphia, which is scheduled to leave on June 19, 2002, and return July 7, 2002. I booked myself and my grandson, who is 11 years old. Although he is under 12, my grandson is charged as an adult, thus both our fares were equal.

The flight was booked through Cheap Tickets.com, on the internet, and they immediately took the funds from my Credit Card. Today, June 5, 20002, I called to change the reservation since my Grandson will not be going with me. I was treated rude, and given a run around. They took his name off of the ticket, but will not refund the money I paid out.

I do not understand this, as according to them they are going to sale the ticket to someone else. I asked them why they inferred that they do have refunds when that is not true. I would like to hear from one person who received a refund from Cheap Tickets.com. They have a vaguely worded refund policy that does not give out correct information.

Isn't this fraudulent? They have ripped me off for over $400, money I do not have to give away. I am writing to my consumer affairs agency about the tacitics these people are using. They have the worst Customer Service skills I have ever been subjected to. They are acting as if they have my money and I can do nothing about it.

I would like to know what I can do to get my money back. This is unfair, as I do not have money to give away to anyone.

Anita
San Leandro, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2002 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHEAP-TICKETS-COM//CHEAPTICKETSCOM-BOGUS-REFUND-POLICY-ripoff-evil-dirt-bags-rip-off-scam-con-artists-consum-22179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHEAP TICKETS .COM

RTDT ( Read the Darn Thing)

AUTHOR: Kris - ()

Did you fail to see the part that says - Tickets are NON CHANGEABLE, NON TRANSFERABLE, & NON REFUNDABLE? The airlines place these restrictions on agencies. In some instances tickets are changeable and refundable, but they are never transferable, meaning you can not change the name on a ticket.

As for your refund ... the airline stipulates if the ticket is refundable or changeable ..we do not make the fare basis up the airline does and we have to follow their rules.

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with Cheap Tickets, but next time you should be sure that all passengars are traveling before YOU point YOUR mouse to the "purchase" button and click it.