Complaint Review: CHEAP TRIPS TRAVEL CO.

• Submitted: Mon, April 05, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, April 05, 2010

• Reported By: Cindi — Evans Georgia USA
CHEAP TRIPS TRAVEL CO.
Evans, Georgia United States of America

CHEAP TRIPS TRAVEL CO. NEVER SENT REFUND Evans, Georgia

After purchasing a package for my "review first", I decided I didn't want it as it was not as represented and I therefore returned it exactly to the address in Cherry Hill, NJ where indicated, getting a reference #, etc. When I called to question when my money would be credited, I was then told it would take 60-90 days. Meanwhile, I got a little surprise from my bank that month when I received an overdrawn notice. After some research I discovered that Cheap Trips gave me the before taxes amount of the package, never mentioning the full amount that would be charged. Cheap Trips caused a snowball effect on my checking account and caused four checks to bounce because of their negligence in disclosure of the true amount of the package. They refused to take any responsibility for that, they wouldn't even hear or consider it.  After the 60 day period of time & no money was refunded, I called & was told their offices moved & it probably was an oversight, that the money would be refunded in 10 days. Ten days came and went. A month later I called and asked to speak to a manager who was not in the office but was due in. I explained the problem and was told that the manager would call me ... he never did. I sent an e-mail to customer service the following day requesting an answer. I never got a response. I called yet the next day to speak to the manager. I was told that the manager had the request from two days previous and that he would return my call in the order of complaint and then my money would be returned within 7 to 14 days. I have yet to receive anything.

I would also like to note that during this conversation I spoke to Ed, who was so very rude. He hung up on me twice, refused to give me his employee number, and was as sarcastic as could be.When I mentioned that because of the original employee's negligence in disclosing the full amount of the package he stated that I shouldn't have my checking account so close to the dollar. I wanted to scream at the audacity of this idiot. Ed made this whole experience so much more frustrating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2010 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHEAP-TRIPS-TRAVEL-CO/Evans-Georgia-30809/CHEAP-TRIPS-TRAVEL-CO-NEVER-SENT-REFUND-Evans-Georgia-589807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHEAP TRIPS TRAVEL CO.