Complaint Review: CHEAP TRIPS/VACATION CLUB

• Submitted: Sun, July 11, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, July 11, 2010

• Reported By: Lauraine — Altadena California United States of America
CHEAP TRIPS/VACATION CLUB
1930 East Marlton Pike T-94, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 Internet United States of America

CHEAP TRIPS/VACATION CLUB SRE-CheapTrips Inc.; Vacation Club by Cheap Trips; ACA/CheapTrips.com Failure to honor 30 day money back guarantee , Internet

In March of this year I purchased a Vacation Club membership from Cheap Trips for $99.00. The offer included discounts on several vacation packages and included four "free" airline tickets.  The offer also included a 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied.

When I received the membership package in the mail, I discovered that the four "free" airline tickets required that I stay in one of a list of hotels. The list would be provided when I returned a voucher. The other offers included the requirement that additional money be sent in for processing fees, etc. A "Family Vacation" offer required a $55 processing fee and stated that "additional fees will apply during peak season, all Federal, State and Provincial Holidays and for locations in resort areas" !!

On March 19th I contacted Cheap Trips by phone to cancel the membership. This was well within the 30 days of receipt. I was advised to return all of the materials and that my refund would be processed. On May 10th I contacted Cheap Trips again because I had not received my refund. I was told that the material was received on April 2nd and that I should see the refund on my next bank statement.  It is now July 11th and I have yet to receive my refund. I have contacted Cheap Trips by phone numerous times only to receive a complete runaround; the latest being that I contact the supervisor by appointment. Upon calling on the first designated date, after three calls I was told that the supervisor "didn't show up".  On the second appointment date, I called six times. Each time I was "transferred" to the supervisor who never answered the call.

This company is a total ripoff and needs to be reported and brought down!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2010 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHEAP-TRIPSVACATION-CLUB/internet/CHEAP-TRIPSVACATION-CLUB-SRE-CheapTrips-Inc-Vacation-Club-by-Cheap-Trips-ACACheapTrip-622270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHEAP TRIPS/VACATION CLUB