Complaint Review: CHEAPOAIR.COM

• Updated: Tue, September 20, 2011

• Reported By: Maria — APO AE New York United States of America
CHEAPOAIR.COM
213 West 35th Street, Suite 1301 New York, New York United States of America

CHEAPOAIR.COM THEY ARE TRYING TO KEEP MY $2426.16 FOR A MISTAKE THEIR COMPANY MADE. New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: CheapOair

*Author of original report: That is a lie

*UPDATE Employee: CheapOair.com

*Author of original report: I called back within minutes of noticing the change.

*UPDATE Employee: CheapOair

Cheapoair has had my money since July 12th.  They did not obtain a verification from me as they stated was required because I am overseas.  Everytime I call them I am on hold for very long the longest has been 2 hours then they come back on the line just to tell me they are working on it, they need more time, they will call me within 24hours.  I never get a call, I call them and again "we are working on this you just have to give us more time.  I think they should have to refund us our money plus interest.  I am not the only person this has happened to.  Their website or people changed the hotel I had selected and booked me in a different hotel, then they had the nerve to ask me "well do you have screen shots to prove this", I told them if I had thought I was dealing with such crooks I would never had booked this in the first place.

No matter how much prove you have against them no one is able to stop them so far.

BBB gives them 6 weeks to reply.  That is way past the 90 day most credit cards give you to dispute.  Unfortunately the credit card company has its hands tide, some how they can not get you your money back because Cheapoair prevents them.  They are a legal way of thieves that we have allowed to take our hard earned Dollars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2011 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHEAPOAIRCOM/New-York-New-York-10001/CHEAPOAIRCOM-THEY-ARE-TRYING-TO-KEEP-MY-242616-FOR-A-MISTAKE-THEIR-COMPANY-MADE-New-Y-757707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHEAPOAIR.COM

CheapOair

AUTHOR: Renee customer service - (U.S.A.)

As I indicated in an email you sent me, I had opened up the wrong case file.  You are correct, your case is still pending with a partial resolution as you mentioned above.

That is a lie

AUTHOR: Maria - (United States of America)

I have not receive 1 cent from Cheapoair.com they still have 100% of what I payed.  They told me 1432.18 was on its way and that they needed my help to write a letter to the hotel for the rest of the money.  They already received the refund for the airline ticket but never forwarded my money to me.

I dont understand how they can get away with saying they refunded me in full.

Lies.

AUTHOR: Renee customer service - (U.S.A.)

Customer has been refunded in full!

CheapOair.com

I called back within minutes of noticing the change.

AUTHOR: Maria - (United States of America)

I called back on the 12th of July within minutes of making the booking and noticing that your website had changed what me and my group of travelers had been looking at and selected.  I agree the only question was the hotel, but the rude lady at cutomer service said the only thing she could do is make me a totally different booking.  I asked what the difference in price was she said "you don't understand you will have to pay the full price for another booking"  That is when I told her I could not loose my money for something your website did.  She even realized it was not my fault but said "I am going to place you on hold while I talk to my supervisor"  came back on the line 30 minutes later to tell me "there is nothing we can do"  I asked to speak with her supervisor she said " my supervisor will tell you the same thing"  she refused to transfer me.  I then called Mrs. Hope in billing and told her I received an e-mail that stated that to prevent Credit Card Fraud your company will need to verify my card.  She said we will call when the people that verify are open,  I gave her my tel # and asked if I say this is not verified what happens.  She stated "your package will be cancelled and you will have to rebook."  I said ok.

On 13 July I found that the charges where on my Credit card, I called and I keep getting different answers, from different people in your company.  I get false promises of a phone call I have yet to receive 1 single phone call for anyone that has made that promise.

Consumers have the right to know that if they deal with your company and anything goes wrong you are not going to help them in a timely manner, you will take our money within minutes but it will take  a lot of time for us to get it back.   Reputable companies in America do not do that.

CheapOair

AUTHOR: Renee customer service - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer, we have been working on your customer service concern.  Our website booked exactly what you entered into the system, we would not just change someones hotel, just to change it.  You have 24 hours to contact us with any errors that have occurred, not days or weeks later due to the rules of the booking.  Hotels have non refundable cancellation policies and we have been working on getting  your Disney preferred hotel but we rely on the hotel property to assist as well.  We had not been given sufficient amount of time to work this out with the hotel, and your decision was to cancel everything. The flights you bought are non refundable, rules of this are on the confirmation, as well as under our terms and conditions.

This customer chose to cancel all the travel plans and is wanting a full refund for the reservation that is non refundable. Only the hotel was a concern, not the entire package! We are working with all of our travel partners involved to get waivers on refunding this package, unfortunately we have to wait for their approval for refunds on non refundable packages.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC