Complaint Review: CHEAPOAIR.COM

CHEAPOAIR.COM

CHEAPOAIR.COM CHEAPOAIR LIED ABOUT MY REFUND, IT'S A SCAM, FRAUD Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customer was refunded

*UPDATE Employee: Cheapoair

I've booked my tickets online on August 6,2012. When I was booking the ticket, the internet connection was bad, I didn't know the booking went through so I booked duplicate tickets. After I found out, I called 1-800-566-2345 to cancel those tickets (at that time, I wanted to keep one of the booking #12678309, so I emailed them to not cancel that one), but after 3 days (August 9, 2012), I found a better booking (booking #12720811), so I called to cancel booking #12678309 (the one which I did not ask them to cancel at first time).

I called the automatic system 1-888-592-6410 several times, also spoke to live person 1-800-566-2345 to cancel the tickets because I was trying to make sure that booking (#12678309) is going to be cancled. At that time, the answer they gave me was they're going to cancel booking #12678309 for me.

After I came back from my trip, I recieved the bill from my bank whick showed the refund was not yet processed, so I called them again (mid September) about my refund and the person form the billing department told me they are going to process it. The total refund amount is $1871.42. She also told me she will put it as an URGENT email for them to process since it has took so long (which the refund should been done in August), and the refund will take 30-90days. She also told me if I need to check the status of the refund, just use the booking numer as the refence number (booking #12678309).

Again I called today (which has been almost 1 month after I spoke to them) to check the refund status (booking #12678309), the person from the billing department (Callie) told me NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE and they don't have any recoeds showed me has called to cancel the booking. Then I told her I spoke to someont from their billing department last month and I was told they will refund me the money, then she kept asking me the name I spoke to last time (which I didn't know, I only asked for the refrence number for the call).

As what she said, they will NOT refund the money to me and I flew that booking (whick I did not). All my phone calls I make with them I did in my work place, so I have witness that I did spoke to them. The person from billing apartment (Callie) was being very impolite, scream to me over the phone.

I'm very unhappy about this company and I'm going to: 1. file a complaint 2. I will call my bank today to disputing the charges 3. I'll be speaking to my lawer and prepare for a lawsuit.

This is a SCAM, they made me trust them, then try to act like I've never spoke to them. So don't even brother to call them, because all the holding and wating is just a waste of time. And I will never use this company again. They stole $1871.42 from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHEAPOAIRCOM/internet/CHEAPOAIRCOM-CHEAPOAIR-LIED-ABOUT-MY-REFUND-ITS-A-SCAM-FRAUD-Internet-955368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHEAPOAIR.COM

Customer was refunded

AUTHOR: Renee customer service - (U.S.A.)

Customers concern has been resolved, and she has been refunded.

Cheapoair
Customer Support

Cheapoair

AUTHOR: Renee customer service - (U.S.A.)

Emily, after reviewing your bookings that you provided above, you actually made 4 reservations online. You forgot about 12678590, 12678857, along with 12720811, 12678309. The first two we canceled per your phone call, however, we do have an email stating to keep 12678309 which we did, but for some reason you went back online and booked another reservation 12720811. We tried to get a refund from the airline, however, because the two bookings are not identical, the airline denied a refund stating they are not dupe reservations. Cheapoair is not trying to scam and keep your money, the ticket states non refundable and the error of multiple bookings is not Cheapoair's fault, the airline will not refund the ticket based on the above information.  We are very sorry for any inconvenience.