Complaint Review: CHKMATE

• Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Bill — Grants Pass Oregon United States of America
CHKMATE

CHKMATE INSTANTCHECKMATE Deceptive practice, Internet

I signed up to do what I understood to be a one time background search.  After several months, I noticed a monthly charge from them.  When I complained that it was not made clear that I was agreeing to a monthly charge, they told me I had checked the box agreeing to their terms of use and I must not have read it.  They know that few people actually read the terms of use on sites like theirs.  I did go back and look at their TOU and the first page just looks like the usual horse pucky restrictions on your use of content.  You have to page down to discover that they will charge you every month.  They did write off a couple of months of charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2013 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHKMATE/internet/CHKMATE-INSTANTCHECKMATE-Deceptive-practice-Internet-1022569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHKMATE