• Report: #1119918

• Submitted: Fri, January 31, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: coloradorn — Colorado Springs Colorado
Internet USA

CHKMATE*INSTANTCHECKMA 866-4905980 NV Surprise-- Credit Card Charges  instantcheckmate.com/ Internet

Like many other unfortunate and too-trusting people, I somehow ended up getting a monthly charge for services from this company.  I had not realized that I would incur a monthly fee when I tried the service for $1.00.  It took two cycles for me to finally notice this questionable item on my credit card, and when I called phone number given I spoke to a representative who would not give me more than 1/2 of one month's fee as a refund.  She repeated several times (because obviously I was too stupid to get it the first time) that the website clearly stated I had to cancel within 5 days or I would be signing up for this service.  I told her I had no recollection of ever wanting or even using that service and to stop service, as well as charges, that moment.  I asked for a full refund, too.  But she couldn't and wouldn't do that.  Something here is a little bit off.  I normally am very careful about anything I do on the Internet and especially anything involving giving out my credit card number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHKMATEINSTANTCHECKMA-866-4905980-NV/internet/CHKMATEINSTANTCHECKMA-866-4905980-NV-Surprise-Credit-Card-Chargesnbsp-instantcheckma-1119918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHKMATE*INSTANTCHECKMA 866-4905980 NV