Complaint Review: CHOICE HOME WARRANTY

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — United States of America
CHOICE HOME WARRANTY
510 Thornall Street Edison, New Jersey United States of America

CHOICE HOME WARRANTY DO NOT SPEND WASTE YOUR MONEY BY PURCHASING A HOME WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY! Edison, New Jersey

We've all heard that "you get what you paid for",  in this case I most certainly did.  I called CHW to have my built-in microwave oven combination repaired.  I paid the technician the $45 fee, he told me he'd call back in a few days to tell me when he'd be able to get the necessary part to repair my appliance.  After 4 days, I called to find out if the parts were located since he never followed up with me. I was told he was still looking.  A week later, I called the tech again(he claimed he had the flu) only to find that the part was no longer available.  I contacted the warranty company only to be told by their supervisor, whose name is Russ that he would be willing to give me $250 towards the
cost of repairing my $2500 Built in Microwave/Oven Combination.  Keep in mind that repairing the appliance was not an option.  After listening to my discontent with his suggestion, he offered $270,  again, to have an appliance repaired which was not repairable.  I have recorded messages where their sales people state that if a covered item could not be repaired it would be replaced.
After informing Russ of this information his exact words to me were "You cannot trust sales people".   I plan to contact my local consumer advocate to further my cause in insuring that companies such as  Choice Home Warranty is put out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHOICE-HOME-WARRANTY/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/CHOICE-HOME-WARRANTY-DO-NOT-SPEND-WASTE-YOUR-MONEY-BY-PURCHASING-A-HOME-WARRANTY-FROM-TH-974231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHOICE HOME WARRANTY