Complaint Review: CHOICE HOME WARRANTY

CHOICE HOME WARRANTY
510 THORNALL ST edison, New Jersey USA

CHOICE HOME WARRANTY SENIOR SCREWED OVER BY CHOICE WARRANTY edison New Jersey

*Author of original report: Senior Screwed over by Choice Home Warrenty

On June 20, 2012 Matt Logan from Choic Home Warranty called and offered me a deal that would cover most anthing in my house that went wrong. October 12th I called Choice and told them that when I ran the water in the Kitchen  sink or ran the Dishwasher or the Washing Machine the water runs into the garage. I said I would be home on Monday the 15th and could they send someone then. The Plumber came and I told him to read the contract and make sure what ever needed to be done was covered. He read it over and proceed to check everything out. He told me he would have to cut a hole in the outside wall to see where the problem was  and I said if it's covered in the contract go ahead. He called Choice and thye said to send pictures . He said I'll be back on Wednesday to finish the work. I paid him the $50 deductable and he left.

I called Wednesday when he didn't come back and he said I still haven't heard from Choice to go ahead with the work. I called Choice on (10-17-12) and got a very rude male and he said the Plumber never sent the pictures and were not going to do anything for you and I said yes he did send them and he's waiting fo your call back. He said no he never sent them. He said when I called in that I told them the leak was under the sink. I said I did not say that. I said I told them when I let the water out in the sink or run the dishwasher it runs ito the garage. He said no you didn't and I asked him if he was calling me a liar.

I called the Plumber again and he resent the pictures. On (10-23-12) I called the Plumber and he said I still have no word from them and when I send the pictures I get conformation that the were received. So I called Choice again and she said we still don't have any pictures. I asked her to call the plumber and she told him he was sending them to the wrong e-mail address so she gave him another one to send the pictures toand he sent them again.

Then Hurricane Sandy hit so all their computers and Phone lines were down but they e-mailed to tell me that.  By November I still hadn't heard anything. On (11-12-12) the plumber still hadn't heard anything so I called and talked to Lily and she said we still don't have any pictures but hold on and I'll call your Plumber. When she came  back she said the last 2 e-mails he was sending the pictures to were wrong and I don't know why they gave him those e-mail address. I called the plumber on (11-20-12) and he still hadn't anything so I called Choice 24X and it keep saying all operators were busy. I called again On (11-21-12) 47 X and got the same message. I finally got through a few days later and again they said we never got the pictures. They called the plumber again and they gave him another e-mail address. I'm not sure whey they need pictures since this the Plumber they sent not on I picked. The Plumber said it was a copper pipe that needed to be replaced. He also said he has had a hard time getting them to pay for any work he has done.

It has been 9 months now and I have a hole in my outside wall and mildew under my kitchen cabinets and going up the walls and a horrible smell throught out my house. My Grandchildren cannot come and visit any more until this problem is taken care of. I am a 75 year old Seior on a fixed income and cannot afford to take care of this myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHOICE-HOME-WARRANTY/edison-New-Jersey-08837/CHOICE-HOME-WARRANTY-SENIOR-SCREWED-OVER-BY-CHOICE-WARRANTY-edison-New-Jersey-1064926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHOICE HOME WARRANTY

Senior Screwed over by Choice Home Warrenty

AUTHOR: Anita - ()

I  sent out  3 packetts to BBB, State Attorney and the Govener of New Jersey with my letter of everything that happened with Choice and the first plumbers bill (10-17-12)  stating I had a copper pipe leak that Choice said they would not fix even though it stated it was covered in my contract, 4 letters from people who wrote to Rippoff, a copy of my contract, a bill from the second plumber that I called (7-26-10) with a statment that it was a copper pipe that was leaking and a picture of the pipe. I also contacted a local TV Action line and they interviewed me and it was on the news yesterday.The BBB has over 750 complaints on Choice. Today I got a letter from the Governer of New Jersey and he said looking ito this Company.

I talked to my Credit Card company and told them what had happened and they said since it has been over a year since you bought the warranty (6-30-12) they didn't think they could do any thing about it but to fax all the info to them. Two months later I got a full refund($1080.00)  from  Citi Card. Choice said they wouldn't give me a refund.

I