• Submitted: Wed, August 28, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: Dont Go Here!! STAY AWAY! — mobile Alabama
968 Park Ave. | South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 South Tahoe, Nevada USA

CHRISTOPHER MINNES Christopher Minnes | General Manager 968 PARK HOTEL www.968ParkHotel.com968 Park Ave. | South DONT DEAL WITH THIS MAN< HE IS A RUDE LIAR- DECEIPTFUL AND UNPROFESSIONAL! South Tahoe Nevada

Christopher Minnes -   is a "manager" partner / representitive of the 968 Park Hotel, South Lake Tahoe. He is totally unprofessional, story teller, and a downright poor manager: Just look at the negative reviews about this location from varied guests.. DONT STAY HERE:

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I stayed here for one Saturday night with a friend that had a groupon and decided to get my own groupon and stay here again. I called minutes after checking their website to make sure they still had rooms available (one queen bed) for the weekend. Their website said their was still a room available however, on the phone they said they did not have any rooms left including a single queen which the groupon qualifies for (this seems quite dishonest). When I asked about the following weekend I was told that any stay over a weekend requires a two night stay. This is not stated anywhere on the groupon nor is it stated anywhere on their website.

Basically they changed their policy when I called to make a reservation. This is dishonest and false advertising. I asked to speak with the manager but the manager had just left. I left my contact info and asked to speak with the manager when they were available. I received a call back about 10 minutes later from the same person saying that the manager confirmed that their policies had not changed and there was nothing they could do. I again asked to speak with the manager and received the same response "they just left". I have still not received a response from the manager.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We had a very negative experience here. Here's why:

(1) Location / Aesthetics. This is certainly not a "resort and spa" as the sign outside says. It is basically a motel (but with interior hallways) located on a relatively small footprint of parking lot and concrete. There are no grounds to walk, etc. Do not let the narrow-angle pictures on their website let you think it is located in the woods, offers views, etc.

(2) Room Furnishings. The rooms match the grounds. In typical motel style, the room was completely dominated by the bed, with no sitting area, completely spartan WC, etc. Our view was of the hotel next door. There was also a curious shortage of outlets. We had to unplug the clock to charge our laptop.

(3) Climate Control Inadequate. There is no air conditioning. Our room was hot even at night with retained heat from the daytime. We had a stand fan that squeaked when it oscillated. There is also a tiny fan in a light fixture near the window (not at all a ceiling fan), but as far as we could tell it worked only when the lights were on (so couldn't use at night).

(4) Cleanliness Lacking. The 968 Park's commitment to cleanliness is minimal. When we checked in, we were sent to our room. It had not been cleaned! Disgusting. After we checked into our new room, we decided to go to the pool. There were countless dead bugs and specks of tree pollen floating across the entire surface of the pool -- plus several "slicks" of yellow slime that appeared to be sunscreen or tanning oil. Gross. (A hotel employee came out while I was I attempting to skim the pool, saw me and commented on it, but he did not offer to help nor did he ask why I was skimming the pool. I gave up.) The next day, when we returned to our room at 3:30 after having been off the property since 10:30 -- our room had not been cleaned. We called to let the desk know and received a non-apology (it somehow seemed to be our fault for having come back too early to our room). We then had housekeeping calling us up to try to get us out of the room to clean it, because they go home at 5.

(5) Customer Service Not Professional. The staff are not rude, but they are clueless at dealing with customer complaints (and as you can guess from our review, we had some). They offered us a free breakfast delivered to our room as a resolution for the filthy room at check-in issue, but one of the items was inedible and the coffee came without cream or sugar (we were told to go downstairs if we wanted some). Another example is we called to ask if they had towels by the pool, they told us they normally stock them but we would have to go to the front desk if they had run out. Of course, they had run out, so we had to go to the front desk. We got the sense they don't check more than once a day unless asked. As another example, we heard the front desk staffer apologetically tell a customer on the phone (who was calling to complain about the heat / lack of AC) that there was nothing more she could until a manager came back the next day. The staff mean well but they need more training and authority to resolve disputes.

(6) Billing Error. We were charged an *extra* $20 as an alleged rate adjustment at check-out. (Believe me, this was a shock based on our experience!) The front desk told us that it was a "credit" to make our rate lower -- even though it was called a "debit" and showed up in the "charges" (not "credit" column). We had to show her the math on a calculator (showing the total was now $20 higher than before) to get the extra charge removed. The front desk staffer (she said she was the manager) claimed it was the fault of "the computer" which does that "automatically." We didn't need to hear her excuses.

The bottom line is there is nothing special (in a good way) about this property -- and there is a lot that is wrong. We paid an effective rate, with taxes, of $220 a night and it was not ski season. We could have stayed at the local Motel 6 for $85 a night -- and they have A/C. More than $200 a night does not guarantee the Ritz, but it does trigger certain obligations: clean the rooms at checkout and daily thereafter; make sure the pool is not filthy; have managers who can explain the billing system and properly adjust customer issues.

Finally, and for what it is worth, the "ecology" of the hotel did not seem special. Other than the (now-standard everywhere) signs about reusing towels, we saw no particular sign of ecological awareness. And the light fixtures use halogen bulbs.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

No A/C. No actual bathroom. Inefficient fans, inefficient halogen opposite of "green/eco friendly" lighting making the room even hotter. When asked to speak to a manager we were denied and then hung up on. Worst decision to stay here ever. Motel 6 is better....and I would NEVER stay at a Motel 6.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 NEW

I booked a King deluxe room directly through the hotel for 2 nights in early August. After checking in, I found there was no refrigerator. One of the reasons I booked a King deluxe room was the expectation of a refrigerator as it was stated on the hotel website as an amenity for that particular room type. The desk clerk said he would try to find one for us. He never got back to us about it until the next day when we had to follow up. He said there were none available. Therefore, we were without a refrigerator for the two days of our stay.

The next day after returning late in the afternoon from a long hike, we found that the room had not been serviced. I informed the desk clerk and requested a towel. He gave me a towel but did not offer to have the room made up for us or apologize for the oversight.

In addition, the water was not hot either day. It was warm, but not to the degree expected.

When I complained to the desk clerk, he was indifferent and said there was nothing he could do. I complained again upon check out to a different clerk, but to no avail. Ten days ago I emailed the general manager. He has yet to respond.

I have never written a negative review for an establishment. But when customer service is so lacking and the general manager does not even take the time to reply there's not much else to do. This could easily have been addressed by both staff or mgmt but neither were interested in mitigating this bad experience.

Stay away from this hotel. There are plenty other hotels in the area that will welcome you to South Lake Tahoe and provide the accommodations and service that you pay for.

FOLKS IF THIS WASNT ENOUGH, GOTO:  (((link redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHRISTOPHER-MINNES/South-Tahoe-Nevada-96150/CHRISTOPHER-MINNES-Christopher-Minnes-General-Manager-968-PARK-HOTEL-www968ParkHotel-1079810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHRISTOPHER MINNES