Complaint Review: CIC - CE Credit Manager - Freecreditreport.com

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 07, 2008

• Reported By:San Francisco California
CIC - CE Credit Manager - Freecreditreport.com
Po Box 19729 Irvine, California U.S.A.

CIC - CE Credit Manager - freecreditreport.com Continue to charge even after they 'cancelled' my registration Irvine California

I called CIC CE Credit Manager in September 2007 and told them to cancel my monthly charges. The phone rep confirmed it would be done and told me that if I checked back online in a week or so I would see that I cant access any reports any longer. I assumed I had taken care of the issue and didn't think much more of it.

So I was surprised to see charges this month again for CIC CE Credit Manager on my credit card. I called my card company and they got 'freecreditreport.com' on the line to resolve...it was illuminating.

In late September I must have clicked an ad or somehow gone onto their website. I recall doing so to make sure my account had been deactivated as instructed. Well...the very act of going onto their site again meant they 'reactivated' my account.

For those of you who think they called to cancel this ripoff...beware!!

They have such dubious internet business practices, and very fine print that means literally any interaction you have with them once you've been a 'customer' they will reactivate you. They are really the lowest of the low internet 'advertisers' and as a business are sophisticated at stealing your money.

They credited one month off my credit card bill and said I need to write a formal complaint to their offices to get any more back. My credit card company said that if the vendor can prove I accessed their site in any way they will have to reinstate the charges.

This 'auto renewing' practice should be outlawed! Watch out for it - for those of you who have already complained and think you have closed your account with them. They will try to get you again!

Sanfran08
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2008 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-CE-Credit-Manager-Freecreditreportcom/Irvine-California-92623/CIC-CE-Credit-Manager-freecreditreportcom-Continue-to-charge-even-after-they-cancell-331185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC - CE Credit Manager - Freecreditreport.com