Complaint Review: CIC CE Credit Manager

• Submitted: Tue, June 17, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 17, 2008

• Reported By:Milton Florida
CIC CE Credit Manager
California, USA Freecreditreport.com, California U.S.A.

CIC CE Credit Manager Unauthorized charge for service Freecreditreport.com California

In June of 2008, I purchased a credit report online from Experian. Shortly after (two weeks), I noticed a charge of $89.95 on my credit card from 'CIC*CE Credit Manager'. Not knowing what that was, I contacted them. Speaking with a representative, I was told that this charge was related to an annual fee for credit monitoring. I did not request this service.

In contacting 'free credit report' at 1-800-388-8724 (they also use1-877-481-6826), they requested my credit card number for authorization purposes. I told them, 'Obviously you have my credit card number, so why should I give it again?' Then they asked for the last four of my social security number. I verified it. I told them to pull up my account and I would verify the information. They did. I told them the charges were not authorized. The calltaker said they would not authorize a credit to my account because the service is non-refundable. I told her that it's not a refund, I never authorized this and their company had stolen my money. I told her I was also looking at a report online from Ripoff Report about this. Her "supervisor" authorized my refund . We'll see if I get a refund in the 7-10 business days she promised.

Shame on you Experian!

Fred
Milton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2008 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-CE-Credit-Manager/Freecreditreportcom-California/CIC-CE-Credit-Manager-Unauthorized-charge-for-service-Freecreditreportcom-California-341031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC CE Credit Manager