Complaint Review: CIC - CIC*CE Credit Report - Freecreditreport.com

• Submitted: Sat, March 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 08, 2008

• Reported By:Boerne Texas
CIC - CIC*CE Credit Report - Freecreditreport.com
www.freecreditreport.com Irvine, California U.S.A.

CIC - CIC*CE Credit Report - Freecreditreport.com freecreditreport.com charged my account $14.95. called them, i was told it was fixed, then i was charged again!!! Irvine California

i was interested in getting a "free credit report" and decided to use freecreditreport.com. unfortunately, i didn't read the small print in which it says "unless you call this toll free number and unsubscribe within the first 30 days of checking your credit report, you will be charged $14.95." so, when i was charged the FIRST time ($14.95) i went back to the site, saw the fine print, read it and kicked myself for making such a stupid mistake. i then, called the toll free number provided and spoke to a woman that i could barely understand (it was litteraly hindering our communication) for about 20 minutes. i told her that i wanted to cancel my account and that i no longer wanted to be charged for their services. she proceeded to look my account up while i was on the phone with her and informed me that my credit report had been "updated" and she suggested that i get online and check the recent changes before i ended my subscription. i firmly told her no, and that i didnt care what was updated, that i would no longer be needing their services and to unsubscribe me. i made it clear that any further charges to my account would be unauthorized by me.

yet, here i am one month later and my account has been charged $14.95 AGAIN. should i just call them again? should i call my bank? this "company" is ripping people of left and right! i know that i should have read the small print and i am willing to take responsibility for the first charge to my account, but after going through the hassel of calling them and still being charged is really rediculous!

Boerne, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2008 04:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-CICCE-Credit-Report-Freecreditreportcom/Irvine-California-92623/CIC-CICCE-Credit-Report-Freecreditreportcom-freecreditreportcom-charged-my-account-315915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC - CIC*CE Credit Report - Freecreditreport.com