Complaint Review: CIC Credit Monitor SVC, IPI Credit Report Free

• Updated: Thu, September 02, 2004

• Reported By:Titusville Florida
CIC Credit Monitor SVC, IPI Credit Report Free
Nationwide U.S.A.

CIC Credit Monitor, IPI Credit Report Free ripoff consumer fraud & deception Orange CA

*Consumer Comment: fine print, or invisible ink?

I looked at my credit card statement this month and was suprised to see a listing in the amount of 79.95, for a CIC Credit Monitor svc.

I had never heard of this company so I looked it up on the internet. Every single hit I got listed fraud, rip-off, and deceptive credit reporting service.

What's worse is that I had not signed up for ANY credit report, or sent out ANY credit card applications. So I called them up to cancel and find out where they got my number.

They said I signed up for a credit report on 03/2001, and hadn't canceled. I did sign up for a FREE trial credit report back in 2001, but for a company called IPI. And when they charged me 80 bucks for their FREE trial credit report I cancelled it in 2001.

I've since gone through all my past statements and found another charge of 79.95 in 2002 that I unfortunately overlooked. That charge says CIC Credit Report.

Apparently this company cancels your subscription for whatever alias they are using that week, keep all of your personal info, and then enroll you into another one of their factions at a later date so they can say that they did cancel you. Now I'm going to have to cancel my card so that I don't receive another 79.95 bill under a new company name

My advice to anyone is to never apply for a credit report or credit card on the internet. You can get a report from your bank usually witout a fee.

Dan
Titusville, Florida

CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2003 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Credit-Monitor-SVC-IPI-Credit-Report-Free/nationwide/CIC-Credit-Monitor-IPI-Credit-Report-Free-ripoff-consumer-fraud-deception-Orange-CA-52122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC Credit Monitor SVC, IPI Credit Report Free

fine print, or invisible ink?

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

I just checked my bank statement online and noticed a $79.95 charge by CIC Credit monitoring service. I had no idea where this charge came from except the time I signed up for a one time credit report check. So I cancelled my card and got ready to file a dispute against this charge with my bank. The next day I found the 800 number to CIC Credit Monitor (or whatever it's called) and gave them a call. The lady I talked to asked me if I read the agreement form and yes I remember reading quite thoroughly when I signed up to check my credit and nowhere did I read about a $79.95 charge. After accusing them of scamming me and mentioning a lawsuit filed against them that I will be part of, she said that if I cancel, the $79.95 will be refunded... but will take 7-10 business days. I'll believe that when I see it.