Complaint Review: CIC Credit Monitor Service

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, January 30, 2004

• Reported By:Fremont California
CIC Credit Monitor Service
consumerinfo.com Orange, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-513-4175
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

CIC Credit Monitor Service ripoff Orange California

After finding an unauthorized charge of $79.95 on my credit card from CIC Credit Monitoring Service, I called them to find out what this was. They explained that the "Free Service" that I signed up for was actually not free and that was why my credit card was charge.

However the did say that they would issue me a credit. I took their word for this. But after a month still no credit was issued. I called my bank and told them of the situation, they suggested I tried working it out with CIC.
I did try calling CIC again, and again they said a credit would be issued.

Now, after 6 months, still no credit has been issued and I am now told that they would not be able to issue a credit. They refused to help me at all. I spoke with 2 different people, one claiming to be a supervisor, but they refused to give me their names. I only recieved a ID #60409. They also refused to give me their address.

I am currently on disability and I can not afford to be ripped off like this.

They took my money and then refused to provide me with any service.

How can this company stay in business?

Fremont, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2004 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Credit-Monitor-Service/Orange-California-92865/CIC-Credit-Monitor-Service-ripoff-Orange-California-78695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC Credit Monitor Service