Complaint Review: CIC Credit Monitor

• Submitted: Wed, December 15, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 15, 2004

• Reported By:Altamonte Springs Florida
CIC Credit Monitor
Internet Orange, California U.S.A.

CIC Credit Monitor Billed for year subscription, but never got FREE credit report! Rip-off! Internet

I fell for the FREE credit report scam. I intended to cancel "subscription" after getting FREE report. Upon hiitting the Submit button nothing happened. NOTHING! I assumed it didn't go through as I NEVER got a confirmation email or even post submittal link to their website. As far as I knew the website designer had a problem with the order form and probably lost a few here and there.

I never heard another peep out of these people until, sure enough, 30 days later my checking account is debited $79.95! For NOTHING! No FREE report, no indication that they even got the submittal, and certainly no reference to any opportunity to cancel.

I called my bank and they're working on it. I called CIC and she said I'd be reimbursed in "7 to 10 days"!
Clearly this company is using our money to gain interest, at the very least. Those who don't catch it are getting nipped on a monthly, and probably yearly, basis.
I wonder if California's doing anything about these people? And they're probably many more companies just like this one out there...

Altamonte Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2004 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Credit-Monitor/Orange-California/CIC-Credit-Monitor-Billed-for-year-subscription-but-never-got-FREE-credit-report-Rip-off-122995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC Credit Monitor