Complaint Review: CIC Credit Monitoring - Experian

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2008

• Reported By:Ashburn Virginia
CIC Credit Monitoring - Experian
experian.com, creditreport.com Ingternet, California U.S.A.

CIC Credit Monitoring - Experian Fraudulent Charge on my credit card bill! California Internet

*Consumer Comment: FYI about freecreditreport.com...

Luckily, I check my bank accounts everyday, for this exact reason. I found 2 pending charges on my credit card, one of which was from "CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT". When I called my bank to inquire, I was told it was Experian and given a phone number to call. I called, but they weren't open. I'm beyond ticked off about this! When I want to look at Experian or Transunion, I order from freecreditreport.com. I do NOT pay for anything, as I don't need to. The only one I actually go to is Equifax, because we get to look at for free, along with other benefits, through work once a year.

I did a search for the name that was reported on my crdit card and came across this site. I have neither patience or time to deal with being pushed around for something like this, so I have already contacted my bank again. Since the charge is pending, I have to wait to see if it goes through or drops off. It could take up to 5 days to drop off.

I'm beyond ticked about this. I do not make a lot of money at work and am also taking classes part-time. No matter how small the charge is, I don't have money just sitting around to pay this thing. Every penny I earn is accounted for and disbursed elsewhere. At least I have a bank that I know will take care of me.

Note to people: keep up with your bank accounts!

Leslye
Ashburn, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2008 05:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Credit-Monitoring-Experian/Ingternet-California/CIC-Credit-Monitoring-Experian-Fraudulent-Charge-on-my-credit-card-bill-California-Inte-299776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC Credit Monitoring - Experian

FYI about freecreditreport.com...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

When you order your "free credit report" you have to subscribe to their monthly credit monitoring service. These are the charges you are seeing on your account. Use "annualcreditreport.com" or contact the bureau directly for your free report. Additionally some states have laws that require more than one free report yearly, but everyone is entitled to one free report from each of the three bureaus