Complaint Review: CIC-Credit Report Aka Lending Tree Aka Experian Aka Consumerinfo.com

• Submitted: Thu, June 17, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, June 17, 2004

• Reported By:summerdale Alabama
CIC-Credit Report Aka Lending Tree Aka Experian Aka Consumerinfo.com
CIC Credit Report/Lendingtree.com/Experian,com/Consumerinfo.com Nationwide U.S.A.

CIC-Credit Report Aka Lending Tree Aka Experian Aka Consumerinfo.com No free credit report charged $79.95 Information given to run cbr unauthorized Nationwide

I was refinancing my house, and went on to Lendingtree.com on 5/17/04. They offered a free 30 day credit manager, which I did. From that point forward the nightmare began.

I was noified by Lending Tree that offers where pending, I logged on and had 4 offers, but could not access my credit report. I called Lending Tree 5 times during 5/17-6/16/04 to report them sending me emails telling me to view my credit manager that changes on my cbr are being shown by Experian. (3) times, the rep's had me go and put in all my personal info as well as credit card info. The last 2 times I refused advising them it did not work and I still couldn't see my credit report, I was told they would put a problem ticket in to tech's.

Also, instead of just the 4 offers, I received over 20 phones call and several emails from brokers. I only chose to deal with 5 brokers and allowed them to run my cbr. As going through the refinancing I was told by my mortgage company theat over 40 companies ran my cbr, I then contacted the 5 brokers & informed them I wasn't doing busiess with them and do not allow anymore mortgage companies run my credit because it is lowering my beacon score.I finally ended up doing the refinance directly through the lender.

Back to the free 30 day trail credit manager on 6/16/04 I went to Lending Tree to see if they had fixed my credit manager so I could view my cbr finally(since it seems I was the only one not seeing my cbr out of all these companies). I could not see my cbr again, knowing that the 30 days was up, I put my letter from Lending Tree with the number to cancel aside to call & cancel later that day. I then called my bank to bank balance for the day (I own my own business)only to find out that on 6/16/04 a company named CIC-credit report hit my account for $79.95.

I then called Lending Tree and demanded to speak to a supervisor, after holding approx. 15 minutes a lady named Zhai (corp id #60395) came to the phone, by this point I lost it, I went over everything explaining how Lending Tree shared unauthorized information with so many companies, never providing the free service they offered because to this date I still have not seen my cbr. I demaned answers and my money back.

She told me that Experian was not part of Lending Tree they just provided the service of running the cbr's, but that CIC-credit report (which is consumerinfo.com) is owned by Lending Tree. She agreed to credit my account back after approx. 1 hour of me going around & around with her. What a racket! However, she must have lied because if you go to consumerinfo.com, it clearly states on the main menu (An Experian Company. I beleive this is all a scam. I haven't received my $79.95 back as of today, but you can bet I going to stay on top of it. This is the worst experience I have ever went threw, it feels as bad as being raped.

summerdale, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2004 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Credit-Report-Aka-Lending-Tree-Aka-Experian-Aka-Consumerinfocom/nationwide/CIC-Credit-Report-Aka-Lending-Tree-Aka-Experian-Aka-Consumerinfocom-No-free-credit-report-95279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC-Credit Report Aka Lending Tree Aka Experian Aka Consumerinfo.com