Complaint Review: CIC Triple Advantage - Free Credit Report

• Submitted: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009

• Reported By:Woodstock New York
CIC Triple Advantage - Free Credit Report
PO Box 19729 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Free Credit Report CIC Triple Advantage AKA Free Credit Report Set up accounts and charged credit card without permission Irvine California

I only realized I had an account with FreeCreditReport.com when the credit card they were billing expired and they phoned to ask for new credit card details - that was thirteen months and almost $400 later from when we had "signed up" (seemingly they had my husband signed up too!).

The credit card they billed on my behalf was one my husband used from but one I never had - never even used that bank. Yet these people had my SS #, my mother's maiden name and a valid e-mail address. They opened an account for my husband on the same day.

On complaining to a rep on the phone I was offered a refund of 7 months worth of billing but as I said I didn't recognize the credit card # (since, as above, I never had that card), this offer was withdrawn. On verifying that the card did, indeed, belong to a member of my family, we phoned again and were offered one month reimbursement... and were given the + send printouts of our credit card statements as proof of having paid (ludicrous as the rep was herself verifying all the dates from her own computer...); seemingly the customer care people don't take phone calls, here is the address: Consumerinfo.com, Attention Customer Care, PO Box 19729, Irvine, Ca 92923-9729, or Fax: 949 567 5758 (slightly different from another complainant's fax info).

It remains to be seen whether we get any joy out of writing a letter "requesting" a refund as directed by the individual we spoke to on the telephone (a supervisor was also unavailable to speak to us...).

This is an outrageous violation by a company advertizing on TV and considered to be utterly legitimate. Ditto Experion which seems to be associated with and perhaps is FreeCreditReport.com

Claire
Woodstock, New York

CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2009 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Triple-Advantage-Free-Credit-Report/Irvine-California-92623-9729/Free-Credit-Report-CIC-Triple-Advantage-AKA-Free-Credit-Report-Set-up-accounts-and-charged-443933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC Triple Advantage - Free Credit Report