Complaint Review: CIC Triple Advantage

• Submitted: Wed, December 28, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 29, 2005

• Reported By:oklahoma city Oklahoma
CIC Triple Advantage
P.O. Box 19729 Irvine, California U.S.A.

CIC Triple Advantage ripoff Irvine California

*Author of original report: Oh happy day!!!

My husband fell for this so called free credit report scam. Unfortunately he doesn't read Rip-Off Report very often or he would have known better.

Back in November, I don't know exactly what day, he went on their sight and signed up for the "free credit report". Which he never received. He also gave them our pre-paid mastercard info. He has tried several times to access his so called account through them but has never been able to log in. He has sent them several e-mails requesting his log in info but has never gotten a response.

On 12/22/05, I was reviewing our mastercard account online and I saw that CIC Triple Advantage had taken $12.95 off of our card on 12/15/05. I didn't know who this company was, neither did he. So, I did some investigating and found out exactly who they were. When you request this so called free credit report you also agree to "sign up" for CIC Triple Advantage. You are suppossed to get a 30 day free trial.

On 12/23/05 I called and cancelled his "membership". He works very long hours and is never home during regular business hours so, I had to do it for him. The very rude man I spoke to said his membership was cancelled, he didn't even want to deal with me until I told him my name was also on the card. My husband received an e-mail also stating that membership had been cancelled, which he printed and saved. We'll see if they really cancelled his membership.

Upon doing some further research on this company, I found that CIC Triple Advantage and freecreditreport.com are DBAs of consumerinfo.com. I also found out that on Aug. 15, 2005 the Federal Trade Commission had filed suit against this company ordering them to refund everyone's money and fining them $950,000.00 for their unlawful business practices.

He filed a complaint with the FTC and I strongly encourage anyone else who has been dupped by this company to do so. Maybe we can get them shut down for good.

If their are any attorneys out there looking for a good class action suit, please feel free to contact me!!

Lori
oklahoma city, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2005 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Triple-Advantage/Irvine-California-92623-9729/CIC-Triple-Advantage-ripoff-Irvine-California-169554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC Triple Advantage

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

Today I went online line to check the status of our mastercard account and there it was, a REFUND from CIC Triple Advantage! I'm still in shock!!

I would still like to see these scumbags shut down for good. What they do to people is just wrong!

lacked