Complaint Review: CIC Triple Advantage

• Submitted: Sat, May 12, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 05, 2007

• Reported By:Tacoma Washington
CIC Triple Advantage
P.O. Box 19729 Irvine, California U.S.A.

CIC Triple Advantage Got a "free credit report "online - then a charge on my Discover Card for $ 12.00 when I did not order or authorize any billing!!A fraud if I ever saw one!! Luckily - Discover is investigating and when I called CIC-they assured me the "account" was canceld--waiting to see if Discover Card investigates them and refunds my $ 12,00! Ripoff Irvine California

*Consumer Suggestion: Credit Card numbers

*Consumer Suggestion: Just one question......

*Author of original report: CIC Triple Advantage ( Experian Credit)

Accessed the "free credit report" on line then I found a $ 12.00 charge by CIC on my Discover Card account--I never authorized it and they charged it anyway!! Discover Card is investigating them now and I am waiting to see if I get my $ 12.00 back!!I called CIC at 877-481-6825 and was assured that the "phony" account was canceled! This is a "fraud' operation if I ever saw one!!

Walter
Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2007 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Triple-Advantage/Irvine-California-92623/CIC-Triple-Advantage-Got-a-free-credit-report-online-then-a-charge-on-my-Discover-Card-248422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC Triple Advantage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Credit Card numbers

AUTHOR: Jones - (U.S.A.)

Ummmm, didn't you ever wonder why they would ask for a credit card # if it was free??? Hellllooooo. If you read the small print, it says that in order to get the free report, you have to sign up for the monitoring service which is 12 bucks a month. I can't believe people are so quick to give out credit card numbers, and then act shocked when there is a charge...

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Just one question......

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

HOW did they get your Discover card number?? They didn't pull it out of a hat!!

CIC Triple Advantage ( Experian Credit)

AUTHOR: Walter - (U.S.A.)

Called the number of CIC in Irvine and read them a "riot" meassage that if my "account" was not cancelled immediatley and my $ 12.00 charge refunded I would file against them. My Discover Card ( they had charged to) issued an immediate credit on my acount while they investigated CIC. I got an email from CIC assuring me the " account" had been cancelled and my $ 12.00 was credited to my Discover Card.