legend

• Updated: Fri, March 02, 2007

• Reported By:Whitesboro New York
CIC Triple Advantage
experian.com Internet U.S.A.

CIC Triple Advantage ripoff Told me it was cancelled before 30 days still charged me Internet

I just wanted to see my credit report. Then, before 30 days was up, I cancelled, wondering casually if i'd done it soon enough or not.

On the phone, the lady told me, "You are cancelling before the end of your 30 day trial period. Please rest assured that your card will not be charged." That felt good.

So I rested assured, until the next month, when I saw that my card was charged 12 dollars anyway.

I called them again today, and they told me my account was indeed cancelled.

"What about the charge on my account?"

"Your card was charged because you cancelled on the same day as your thirty day trial was up. You will not be charged again." I think I cancelled the day before, actually.

I kept getting the runaround when I tried to explain that I cancelled before the end of the trial, and that they specifically told me to "rest assured" that I had successfully cancelled.

It doesn't appear that they are going to charge me anymore, but I think they should have offered a refund.

If you are cancelling with these people, try recording the conversation. It would have been great to play that one back to her. It sounded like the same lady.

I suppose if you can screw enough people out of 12 dollars, you can probably make a lot of money. After all, there are millions and millions of people who would like to see a free credit report.

I am one of those many people who would just let it slide as some kind of mistake not worth fighting over, but when I typed in "CIC Triple Advantage" to find a phone number, the first result was "RipOff Report.com", and a complaint from someone in a town right next to mine! And all the complaints seem very similar, about games with cancellation.

Tom
Whitesboro, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2007 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC-Triple-Advantage/internet/CIC-Triple-Advantage-ripoff-Told-me-it-was-cancelled-before-30-days-still-charged-me-Inter-237789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC Triple Advantage