Complaint Review: CIC

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2003

• Reported By:Baytown Texas
consumerinfo.com Nationwide U.S.A.

CIC rip-off scam dirt bags USA Internet

Well i am another one of CIC's victims. Like the rest of you i went to check on my credit card balance and found the charge for 79.95 on my bill. At first i didn't know what the charge was for, but then i traced it back to my "free" credit report. Unlike some of you i did see the cancelation policy, and i sent an email to their company the same day i got my free credit report to cancel my membership.

The first thing i did after seeing they had chrged my card was to call the credit card company and file a dispute. The lady at the credit card company told me that i should call CIC and cancel whatever membership i had there and to tell them that i had not authorized them to charge my credit card and see if they would refund my money.

She told me that even if they said they would refund my money i should finish my dispute so that they would have it on file in case something else happened with this company. I then called CIC and talked to a nice young women who tryed to roll over me with that 30 day cancellation policy. I told i had sent an email cancelling and that i wanted my money back. She said there would be no problem and that she would cancel my membership and that i would be refunded in 7-10 business days.

Hopefully this company learns a lesson soon, so that innocent people will not have to go through the same mess the rest of us finds ourselves in with this stupid company.

Baytown, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2003 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIC/nationwide/CIC-rip-off-scam-dirt-bags-USA-Internet-63006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC