Complaint Review: CIC*CE Credit Manager - Credit Expert - Experian

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2008

• Reported By:Minneapolis Minnesota
CIC*CE Credit Manager - Credit Expert - Experian
www.creditexpert.com Irvine, California U.S.A.

CIC*CE Credit Manager - Experian CIC*CE Credit Manager - Credit Expert - Experian I signed up for the free trial, and called to cancel. A year later, charges are still appearing!! Irvine California

In December of 2006, I followed an advertisement to obtain a free credit report. I provided information and saw that I was signing up for a free trial (red flag). I made an entry in my organizer to call to cancel about 25 days later.

Over twelve months later, we see a charge on our bill we don't recognize. It's small, so we wouldn't pay much attention, but it piqued my interest. I searched for the phrase and the first 20 hits were "scam, ripoff, fraud, ...".

I went back to check. The entry in my organizer is marked "complete". So I believe I called to cancel, and they have continued to charge my card for 12 months.

I called Credit Manager to contest the charges. The call center representative ("Wil" [he spelled it]) would not reverse any of the charges. He would not provide any employee number or other identifying information. He would not connect me with a supervisor ("they are in a meeting"), nor would he give any contact information for the supervisor. He finally agreed to take my number to have the supervisor call me. (I predict that will happen soon after pigs fly.)

Minneapolis, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2008 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CICCE-Credit-Manager-Credit-Expert-Experian/Irvine-California-92623-9729/CICCE-Credit-Manager-Experian-CICCE-Credit-Manager-Credit-Expert-Experian-I-signed-305071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC*CE Credit Manager - Credit Expert - Experian