Complaint Review: CIC*Credit Monitor 800-2202626

• Submitted: Mon, July 05, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 05, 2004

• Reported By:dayton Ohio
CIC*Credit Monitor 800-2202626
Nationwide, U.S.A. Internet U.S.A.

CIC *Credit Monitor 800-2202626 Charged my bank account 79.95 without my consent. Refused to refund full amount upon contacting their "Help Desk". Internet

This is outrageous. This morning I discovered that 79.95 had been debited from my bank account by a certain "CIC*Credit Monitor 800-2202626". I promptly called the number listed and received a 10 minute debated discussion about how I had "opened the free account a year earlier and how the account is setup for automatic renewal". The truth is, I never heard of this particular company or done any business with them to date.

When I threatened legal action the lady simply said "ok" and reiterated that the refunded amount(which was supposedly going to take 7-10 business days) will be 79.28 and not the original 79.95. When queried she stated some obscure comments of a "24 cent fine per day from the day the account is opened". At this point I am furious. However, I only highlight that I WILL resort to legal proceedings if they do not refund my money in the full amount within the stated "10 business days" maximum. That is precisely what I intend to do. I am not one to let go of illegal practices even if it means spending a large chunk of my valuable time on it.

dayton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2004 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CICCredit-Monitor-800-2202626/internet/CIC-Credit-Monitor-800-2202626-Charged-my-bank-account-7995-without-my-consent-Refused-97664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC*Credit Monitor 800-2202626