Complaint Review: CIC*Triple Advantage - FreeCreditReport.com - Experian

• Updated: Sun, June 01, 2008

• Reported By:Erie Pennsylvania
CIC*Triple Advantage - FreeCreditReport.com - Experian
FreeCreditReport.com Internet U.S.A.

CIC*Triple Advantage - FreeCreditReport.com - Experian "Free Credit Reoprt" is a scam, you will be charged!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: It is clearly stated...

I signed up at FreeCreditReport.com to get a "FREE" credit report. I remember requesting the Free Report. I do not remember authorizing a monthly charge of $12.95!

Stay away from the web site! When I called to find out why I was being charged, I was given the same story as everyone else. "It is clearly stated that there will be a monthly fee if you do not cancel within 30 days." Clearly stated in some 19 pages of fine print!!

I documented the Date, Time, Name, Employee ID, and Reference number from the person I talked to at (877) 481-6825. "Paul" could only cancel the service and refund one month fee to me. If I want the rest of my money I have to write to:
Consumer Relations Group
Attn: Consumer Info
PO Box 19729
Irvine, CA 92623-9729
to request a refund of all my money!

Ellen
Erie, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2008 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CICTriple-Advantage-FreeCreditReportcom-Experian/internet/CICTriple-Advantage-FreeCreditReportcom-Experian-Free-Credit-Reoprt-is-a-scam-yo-336218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIC*Triple Advantage - FreeCreditReport.com - Experian

It is clearly stated...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""'It is clearly stated that there will be a monthly fee if you do not cancel within 30 days.' ""

Indeed it is on their website home page.

The only website to obtain your free annual credit report IAW the FCRA is

www.annualcreditreport.com.