Complaint Review: CIGNA/CITY OF HOUSTON, TX

• Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: getyafootoffmyneck — Houston Texas United States of America
CIGNA/CITY OF HOUSTON, TX
901 Bagby St., Houston, Texas United States of America

CIGNA/CITY OF HOUSTON, TX CIGNA INSURANCE The Mayor and City Council made a deal with CIGNA Health Insurance that Prescriptions would only be filled by Target Stores and HEB Grocery Stores Houston, Texas

City of Houston, TX Mayor Parker and Counsel Members have entered into a contract with CIGNA Helath Insurance Co. which takes away consumers and city employees right to choose where we have our prescriptions filled.

CIGNA and the City of Houston give the employees (current and retired) three choices: Target Stores, HEB Grocery stores or 90 day supply through CIGNA Pharmacy.

This is outrageous and, I believe, an infringement of our rights to do business where we please.

Congressional Representative Sheila Jackson Lee's Houston and Washington DC, office's have been notified and a complaint has been filed. So far I have had no response although they do assure they are working on it.

Mayor's office is never available. CIGNA representatives have informed me that if I don't like the rules, too bad.  They actually said, "Too bad."   They also said, "Write a letter to the Arizona office if you don't like it."

This is very suspicious in that Target and HEB are given an advantage over locally owned Pharmacies that I prefer to do business with. I never shop at Target and I do not like the dirty stores of HEB. If the  are unable to keep their grocery store shelves free of dirt and bugs along with dust, what could they mix up with Prescribed Medications.

CIGNA makes money when they force you to buy in bulk from their wholly owned Pharmacy and what I pay in premiums for an "Open Access" plan more than pays for their bonuses.

I should have the right (and I know I do) to purchase my Prescription Medications from a Pharmacy where I am known. Where my health history is important to my Pharmacist and where I am not just another Rx number!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIGNACITY-OF-HOUSTON-TX/Houston-Texas-77002/CIGNACITY-OF-HOUSTON-TX-CIGNA-INSURANCE-The-Mayor-and-City-Council-made-a-deal-with-CIGN-935294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIGNA/CITY OF HOUSTON, TX