Complaint Review: CIRCUIT CITY STORES, INC

• Submitted: Sun, August 20, 2000
  • Updated: Fri, September 08, 2000

• Reported By:SUN VALLEY NV
CIRCUIT CITY STORES, INC
RENO SS RENO, Nevada U.S.A.

CIRCUIT CITY SERVICE CONTRACT RIP OFF

I PURCHASHED A CAR AUDIO POWER AMP AND A 3 YEAR SERVICE CONTRACT AT CIRCUIT CITY. AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE THE SALES PERSON TOLD ME THAT IF I PURCHASED THE SERVICE CONTRACT AND ANYTHING WENT WRONG WITH THE AMP THAT IT WOULD BE REPLACED.

WELL THE POWER AMP QUIT WORKING AND I RETURNED TO THE STORE TO GET THE UNIT REPLACED. I WAS TOLD THAT ALL THEY COULD DO FOR ME WAS TO REMOVE MY AMP AND SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR. I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER. THIS JERK SO MUCH AS INSINUATED THAT I WAS A LIAR. NOW I'M WITHOUT A SOUND SYSTEM IN MY CAR. THIS AMP I PURCHASED WAS A VERY TOP END ITEM ALSO.

MY WIFE AND I ALSO PURCHASED A VIDEO CAMERA FROM THE SAME STORE, AGAIN WE WERE PUSHED INTO PURCHASING ANOTHER SERVICE CONTRACT. AGAIN THEIR SALES PERSON TOLD US THAT IF ANYTHING WENT WRONG WITH IT THAT IT WOULD BE REPLACED.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIRCUIT-CITY-STORES-INC/RENO-Nevada-895096549/CIRCUIT-CITY-SERVICE-CONTRACT-RIP-OFF-2992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIRCUIT CITY STORES, INC