Complaint Review: CIRCUIT CITY

• Submitted: Tue, January 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, January 11, 2005

• Reported By:Tujunga California
CIRCUIT CITY
ALL LOCATIONS All Locations, California U.S.A.

circuit city All Employees, Includes CEO's Assistant FALSE ADVERTISING All Locations California

I recently dealt with circuit city, from the 800 order number, online ordering, going into a store and calling stores to find an item in one of their ads. I ended up calling about 40 stores as I was told by the 800 ordering department that I must contact each store for availability. Some of the stores told me to call the 800 number to order, some stores never answered their phone, some had answering machines in the department and a message in Armenian!!! After a week of being told "try back tomorrow" or "this is discontinued" or "we should be getting some in next week" or "this is only available online" or "this is only available by checking with each store" and many many other stories, I called the customer service number only to be connected to a foreign country where they couldn't understand the issue and were unable to speak our language fluently!!!!

I looked up number for the corp office of CC and called there 804 527 4000, only to be treated rudely and connected right back to the 800 customer service reps that were in another country. This was even after I told the woman that I did NOT want to be reconnected to people in another country that can't understand the issues or our language. Circuit City does NOT care about customer service..

I called the 804 number the next day and kept pressing extensions until I got someone that sounded like she might care and might help. After listening to my story she connected me to the CEO's assistants voice mail. I left a message and he returned my call today. After talking to him for over 30 min's, explaining what the ad says, what the stores said, and mind you, I called about 40 stores, also what the 800 order dept said he simply told me.

The ad says closeout blah blah blah. I told him I know that, you know that and the stores know what it says and I'm quite aware of what it means. I told him again that I was given the runaround by numerous stores, 800 line etc and he STILL didn't care. He just repeated himself.. I told him this is the most pathetic customer service from higher management that I have ever received, especially after what I have been through. I informed him that there are plenty other store competing for my business and that word of mouth, public postings and this information being brought to the medias attention will not help your company.. He said "threatening me with bringing this to the media will still not get you the deal that was offered in the ad". I told him to have a nice day and hung up.

Circuit City does NOT CARE about customer service/satisfaction whatsoever, not at ANY level of the company! I look forward to the day when all the Circuit City stores go under as it will be well deserved!!!

G
Tujunga, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2005 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIRCUIT-CITY/All-Locations-California/circuit-city-All-Employees-Includes-CEOs-Assistant-FALSE-ADVERTISING-All-Locations-Calif-126899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIRCUIT CITY