Complaint Review: CIRCUIT CITY

• Submitted: Mon, May 07, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, May 07, 2007

• Reported By:Boynton Beach Florida
CIRCUIT CITY
BOYNTON BEACH MALL, BOYNTON BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

CIRCUIT CITY Rebate Ripoff! GOT RIPPED OFF TWICE Promised A rebate (Never received) and ingnored an extended warranty I purchAsed BOYNTON BEACH Florida

Purchased and had installed an in-dash navigation system from Circuit City in Pa. There was a $50 rebate which I applied for and never received. No big deal!

During the term of the extended warranty the unit developed a problem. Took it to the nearest Circuit City facilty in Florida where they removed the unit and told me I had to return it to the manufacturer. I did so and including insurance, the freight cost was $93.

The manufacturer called me and said to repair the unit the cost would be $200. I told them it was under an extended warranty and they said that Circuit City should have returned it (Not me) and the warranty was from Circuit City, not them. I had to pay them $200 to have the unit repaired.

Between the cost of the repair, the freight and insurance and the rebate I never received, Circuit City owes me $343.00

I wrote them a detailed letter , sent to their home office and received the return receipt. Not one word from Circuit City since writing about 3 weeks ago. I do not expect to hear from them, I believe their rebates and extended warranties to be fraudulent, at least as far as I am concerned. Their customer service is non-existent as I view it. When speaking to a manager at the Florida store and relating my story, he responded, "there is nothing I can do about it"

Look out for Circuit City offers and extended warranties, At least I certainly will.

Al
Boynton Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2007 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIRCUIT-CITY/BOYNTON-BEACH-Florida/CIRCUIT-CITY-Rebate-Ripoff-GOT-RIPPED-OFF-TWICE-Promised-A-rebate-Never-received-and-i-247266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIRCUIT CITY