• Report: #199192

• Submitted: Sun, July 02, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, July 02, 2006

• Reported By:Peosta Iowa
CIT Bank AKA Dell Financial Services
P.O. Box 81577 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

CIT Bank AKA Dell Financial Services ripoff, misrepresented, high interest rate, Austin Texas

Dell offered in 1/06 a great deal on a XPS Laptop. Connected with this offer was a 18 month no Interest promotion. minimum monthly payment required. Well what really happened was that, I received the machine and with in a 5 day period went on business and vacation not returning till end of April. The beginning of May I called Dell because I had received a invoice in the mail with interest attached to it. After treating me light and easy they said they would fix everything and if I would pay $111 and meet a minimum monthly payment for the duration everything would be fine. I set up a $89 per month automatic internet payment and figured everything would be fine since the original amount was about $1200 and @ $89 per month the balance would be paid off in 14 months. I have always used the approach to "SET IT AND FORGET IT".

Well around the 3rd week of June I saw a Dell letter and opened it and to my surprise what it said was,(In so many words) It is not fixed, todate we have received $200 from you and only applied $70 to the balance owed and OOH by the way we are charging you an effective annual rate of 30.56% Interest rate. After calling DFS and finally speaking to a David employee #
478287 located in the Phillipines and after we finished our discussion and he said there was nothing he could do for me, and then giving me, us_dfs_ customer_ experience @dell.com I was very frustrated. I went back to my online banking sight and changed my $89 payment to be the balance. $1116 of course I know it won't end here because the real trump card that these organizations play is there will be some interest for some period of time they will want to charge me, and so it goes.

Ken
Peosta, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2006 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIT-Bank-AKA-Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-Texas-78708-1577/CIT-Bank-AKA-Dell-Financial-Services-ripoff-misrepresented-high-interest-rate-Austin-Te-199192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIT Bank AKA Dell Financial Services