Complaint Review: CIT Financial

• Submitted: Tue, August 31, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 31, 2010

• Reported By: Gemini070 — Gold Coast Other Australia
CIT Financial
Level 6, 33 Berry St North Sydney NSW 2060 Sydney, Select State/Province United States of America

CIT Financial Jo Carona, Impact Financial Services Illegal contract debt paid but threatening to close my business Sydney, Other

*Author of original report: CIT Financial owned by Bank Of Queensland

Hello,

Do not deal with Jo Carona or CIT Financial Services at all. They are preditory lenders, ASIC has looked into the type of goods/services contracts they do for small business, and agree there is a problem, but as usual they do absolutely nothing.

The idea is they give you a tv and a couple of phones with free calls for 5 years, it is a complete rip off in the first place, but when you no longer get the free calls from the telecommunications supplier (the billers and companies change ALL THE TIME), they dont care and expect you to keep paying the full amount.

We had a questionable debt with them for approx $5000.00, we settled the debt for $2500.00 even though we do not believe it was correct, Jo took the credit card details over the phone, and then reffered the case to Impact Financial Services anyway (york st sydeny). They are threatening to close my business for $1205.39, a dreamt up figure that we do not owe. I even have an email from him indicating "Im happy to confirm that your proposal of $2500.00 has been accepted as full and final settlement on the above contract".

If they proceed I could well loose everything over nothing, or at the very least have a record on my credit. I am considering legal action of my own against CIT, Jo Carona and Impact Financial Services. Should anyone have had similar experiences with them, feel free to drop me a line.

I hope this helps someone before they are tangled up with these so called finance professionals.

Jo has difficulty with returining phone calls and emails.  (jomark.carona@cit.com) give him a try, maybe it's just me he wont respond to?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIT-Financial/Sydney-Select-StateProvince-2060/CIT-Financial-Jo-Carona-Impact-Financial-Services-Illegal-contract-debt-paid-but-threaten-636195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIT Financial

CIT Financial owned by Bank Of Queensland

AUTHOR: Gemini070 - (Australia)

I just had contact with Jo Carona finaly after trying some different CIT numbers off the internet. They transferred me right through. He said he knew nothing about it and ultimatley hung up without addressing the issue. He said I was "welcome" to take legal action against him for not acknowledging my payment. CIT Financial Australia is owned by Bank Of Queensland.