Complaint Review: CIT Group Consumer Finance

• Submitted: Mon, March 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 14, 2010

• Reported By:Campbellsville Kentucky
CIT Group Consumer Finance
715 South Metropolitan Ave Oklahoma CIty, Oklahoma U.S.A.

CIT Group Consumer Finance RIP OFF CROOKED PREDATORY LENDER , Oklahoma CIty Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: VeriCrest Financial not VeriQuest

*UPDATE Employee: VeriCrest Financial not VeriQuest

*Author of original report: VERIQUEST FINANCIAL/CITGROUP CONSUMER RIP OFFS

This company is nothing but a rip off and predatory lender. I became disabled in 2001, and they refused to work with me on my mortgage loan. I had to file chapter 13 bankruptcy because they wouldn't refinance my loan to help lower payments and interest. I was TWO months behind and they started threateining foreclosure.
As soon as the bankruptcy was completed in 2006, they started sending me late notices and raised the amount of my payment from $230.67 to $270.00! They call 5 or 6 times a day. I have certificates of mailing from the US post office for each and every payment since 2004! They have now increased my payment from $230.67 a month to $304.40 a month! What a rip off and bunch of thieves this company is. They appraised my house for $60,000 when the PVA office has it at $28,000. I paid $20,000 for it to start with.

I don't pay property taxes due to being disabled(KY law), yet CIT keeps charging property taxes on the mortgage. I re-financed in 1999 for $30,000 where they lied about the appraisal value, and they still say I owe over $27,000.

I found a couple of links where some people were filing lawsuits against CIT. If anybody has any idea of how to file a class action lawsuit against this predators, please let me know.

Donna
Campbellsville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2009 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CIT-Group-Consumer-Finance/Oklahoma-CIty-Oklahoma-73124/CIT-Group-Consumer-Finance-RIP-OFF-CROOKED-PREDATORY-LENDER-Oklahoma-CIty-Oklahoma-432234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CIT Group Consumer Finance

VeriCrest Financial not VeriQuest

AUTHOR: vqjea - (United States of America)

CIT changed its name to VeriCRest Financial and is at the SAME address in Oklahoma City (although the zip code and phone number seemed to have changed).

VeriCRest Financial, Inc. https://www.vericrestfinancial.com/NoAuth/Default.aspx

715 S. Metropolitan Avenue

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73108-2090

800-401-6587

Based on your error, which has been repeated MANY times across the INet, we receive mail, phone calls and emails that belongs to veriCRest Financial. Please help.

Repeating: There are no companies named VeriQuest Financial or VeriQuest Mortgage. Please contact VeriCrestFinancial.com 800.401.6587.

VeriCrest Financial not VeriQuest

AUTHOR: vqjea - (United States of America)

Vericrest Financial, Inc. https://www.vericrestfinancial.com/NoAuth/Default.aspx

715 S. Metropolitan Avenue

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73108-2090

800-401-6587

Based on your error, which has been repeated MANY times across the INet, we receive mail, phone call and email that belongs to veriCRest Financial. Please help.

Repeating: There are no such companies as VeriQuest Financial or VeriQuest Mortgage. Please contact VeriCrest Financial, VeriCrestFinancial.com or 800.401.6587.

VERIQUEST FINANCIAL/CITGROUP CONSUMER RIP OFFS

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

The dirty predatory lenders at CIT Group Consumer Finance have changed their name to Veriquest Financial. They now have come up with $2800.00 in so-called attorney fees for the bankruptcy they forced me to file. Their fees $600.00)were included in the bankruptcy, the bankruptcy was CLEARED AND PAID OFF in 2007. I have called and called and called and can never get the same answer from anyone. Kim Plumley, the one who handled the bankruptcy needs to be fired. They still call and harass each and every day.

I have certificates of mailing for each and every month since 2004 where my house payment has been mailed. They keep claiming it is late, but when I give them the date and time it was mailed, they start in with some other crap. They are trying to STEAL my home and are nothing but a bunch of thieves, liars and crooks. I have called their world headquarters in New York and their corporate headquarters in New Jersey. They just connect me to the thieves in Oklahoma.

I have sent them a request to refund the so-called city taxes they have been charging me 8.5 % interest (compounded daily, according to them) for the past two years. They claim it is in escrow, but there is nothing in escrow. I have filed a complaint with the FTC about these people. If anybody else has problems with CIT Group/ Veriquest Financial, PLEASE CONTACT THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AND FILE A COMPLAINT. Help shut these thieves down. I will also be reporting them to other federal agencies.

utopian