Complaint Review: CITI Bank Citicorp, CITI Cards

• Submitted: Sun, January 16, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, January 16, 2005

• Reported By:Hillsdale New Jersey
CITI Bank Citicorp, CITI Cards
BOX 44167 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

CITI Bank Citicorp Ripoff CITI Cards Quietly reneged on a promotional rate Jacksonville Florida

I had a promotional rate of 1.9% until the balance is paid.

I just looked at my statement and they have been charging me about 11% for the last 7 months.
They claim that I did not respond to a change in terms or a conversion of some sort that caused me to lose the promotional balance.

This really rubs me the wrong way as they are sending the changes in terms all the time and they are pretty lengthy to read. Never did I suspect that they could retroactively change an agreement through a non response. I thought these things effected future events like missing a payment or something like that.

They told me they would change it back going forward but not retroactive.

We should all team up and report these guys to 20/20 or something. From the other posts, I see fraud is no accident with these guys. I used to think Citibank was a respectable company. I can't believe they could be allowed to operate this way.

Hillsdale, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2005 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CITI-Bank-Citicorp-CITI-Cards/Jacksonville-Florida-322231/CITI-Bank-Citicorp-Ripoff-CITI-Cards-Quietly-reneged-on-a-promotional-rate-Jacksonville-Fl-127588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CITI Bank Citicorp, CITI Cards