Complaint Review: CITI FINANCIAL

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: Arjay8tch — Seattle Washington
CITI FINANCIAL
1901 Ulmerton Rd, 6th Floor Clearwater, FL 33762 Clearwater, Florida USA

CITI FINANCIAL, a Financial Express Company, Mercury Insurance Group Tried to get me to deposit $3,650.00 check & wire to the U.K. $980.00 tax fee. Supposedly won $50,000.00! Clearwater Florida

Tried to get me to deposit $3,650.00 check (part of $50,000.00 supposedly won in "Consumer Promotion Draw" and then pay them a "Tax Clearance Fee" for non-residents because the drawing was held in the United Kingdom. Then I was supposed to use Western Union or Money Gram to send them a tax amount of $980.00! I called the phone number, but neither named person, Mr. Marvin Anderson or Ms. Malie Frank were there. Person I was talking to sounded Indian or mid-eastern and told me to deposit check (which I didn't & still have) and call back after depositing check. The number is no longer available and I knew it was a scam from the start. What should I do with letter & check? Certainly will not deposit it!

Richard

Seattle, WA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CITI-FINANCIAL/Clearwater-Florida-33762/CITI-FINANCIAL-a-Financial-Express-Company-Mercury-Insurance-Group-Tried-to-get-me-to-1047748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CITI FINANCIAL