Complaint Review: CITIBANK

*Consumer Suggestion: Clarification

*Consumer Comment: There is something left out here

*Consumer Comment: These guys are behind it

*Consumer Comment: Psychic Charles

*Consumer Comment: Hey coast here Is a though why don't you quit messing with people you will never upset or anger me

*Consumer Comment: Huh Charles?

*Consumer Comment: Coast and stacy work togather throwing stones at people they should be ashamed of themselves for how they treat people

*Consumer Comment: HaHa

*Consumer Comment: Please stop!

*Consumer Comment: citibank

*Consumer Comment: I agree..

*Consumer Comment: bogus report

*Author of original report: CITIBANK

*Author of original report: Citibank

*Consumer Comment: There's More Here Than Meets The Eye

*Consumer Comment: Entire story?

*Consumer Comment: Nope, that's not it

Yesterday, I attempted to get a new cell phone from Consumer Cellular. It was denied due to a negative credit report from Equifax. So I checked my credit report at Equifax. The only negative thing on my record was from a CITIBANK account I closed more than 6 years ago. I had the CITIBANK account  through PAYPAL for less than 4 months. I had charged to the card only once, an item for $59. I paid the balance in full and on time and closed the account as I found CITIBANK unsatisfactory. But CITIBANK has been reviewing my credit monthly ever since.

Though I owe them nothing, don't have an account with them and haven't applied for one.  I am sure what they are doing is illegal and certainly unethical.  CITIBANK has also been sending me credit applications about once a week for these past 6 years. I promptly tear them up and put the remanents in the trash. I would never have an account with CITIBANK or any of their affiliates. CITIBANK is apparently the biggest ripoff in the banking and credit card industries.  I have filed a dispute with Equifax.  I add Equifax also has me with an employer in Dallas Texas some 27 years ago. I live in Oregon and have been retired for the past 22 years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2011 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CITIBANK/Dallas-Texas-/CITIBANK-is-illegally-ruining-my-credit-Dallas-Texas-726859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CITIBANK

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Clarification

AUTHOR: Tagurit - (USA)

Correct.    Something is missing on the original report.   A/R inquiries occur on your credit report by companies with which you currently have an OPEN account.   These A/R inquiries do not impact your credit score in any way.    If you are seeing A/R inquiries on your credit report then your CitiBank card is not closed.

If you have a negative or derog on your credit report from Citibank then this would because you either paid them late or didn't pay them at all and it went to charge-off/collections.

Bottom line you need to pull your entire credit report (not just looking at the alerts).   And, make sure that no accounts have been opened in your name by someone else - could be a case of identity theft.

Otherwise, you have a late or non payment issue with Citibank that you need to take up with them directly.

There is something left out here

AUTHOR: smartprov - (United States of America)

I think you haven't told us the whole story. It simply does not make any sense. Citibank obviously has a reason to pull your credit. There are pre-screenings for credit offers, and sometimes a creditor will use an account review (AR) as denoted on your credit report. But that will have no impact on your score or credit in itself. Please disclose more details so we can offer to help you. Thank you so much.

These guys are behind it

AUTHOR: zb420 - (United States of America)

I swear, either you are paranoid or you story just is screwed up.

Psychic Charles

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Because you have no idea what I think - your posts and reports speak for themselves.  FYI you cannot even spell my name!  Coast guess we are linked via esp!

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

Hey coast here Is a though,  why don't you quit messing with people you will never upset or anger me.  Good day!.

Huh Charles?

eyse? togather?

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

Coast and stacy work togather throwing stones at people they should be ashamed of themselves for how they treat people.  Coast accuses people of throwing stones,  but him & stacy think they can "Judge" people.  Because In their eyse they are perfect.  They aren't.

HaHa

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

I also put feces in night deposit boxes.

Good day shills!

Please stop!

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Please stop posting pictures of you and your twin brother. We don't care to view your family photo albumn.

Thanks.

citibank

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

really sucks.

I agree..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

It is apparent that this is either a bogus report or the OP is leaving out very key information(that probably doesn't help their claim).

bogus report

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I have a service attacked to my bank accounts that alerts me every time someone looks."

The word is attached not attacked.

Banks are separate entities than credit agencies. This makes your story even more unbelievable. This is a bogus report.

CITIBANK

AUTHOR: Ron - (United States of America)

I found CITIBANK and PAYPAL unsatisfactory in less than 4 months because I had deposited $5000 into my PAYPAL account and when I made a purchase, instead of taking money out of my deposited account they ran it up to the credit card.  To this day, I still have money remaining in a PAYPAL account even though I withdrew everything and closed the account. The amount is trivial, less than $50, but still there.

As for CITIBANK, their inquiries are as though they were creditors and it does effect my rating. Though according to my credit alert through my bank, not by much. The credit alert informs me every time someone looks at my credit report or there is a change in my credit score. If that happens 30 times a month, I will be informed 30 times. My attorneys will be dealing with the CITIBANK problem now.

Citibank

AUTHOR: Ron - (United States of America)

Yes I know Citibank has been reviewing my credit report monthly for the last 6 years. I have a service attacked to my bank accounts that alerts me every time someone looks. It also notifies me  every time my credit rating changes.  I have written repeatedly to CITIBANK to stop, but they haven't. So, my attorneys will now deal with the problem. And my credit report is flawless with that one exception. I have only one creditor and pay the balance off on time monthly for the last 22 years. I don't need credit, I have the cash to buy anything and everything outright. CITIBANK is just a bunch of crooks. Look who owns them, Singapore Government Investment Group, Kuwait Investment Authority, Saudi Investment Group, Abu Dubai Investment Group. The biggest part of CITIBANK is owned by Arabsand Muslims. They got $25 Billion in Federal Bailout and another $310 Billion in Government loans in 2008.

There's More Here Than Meets The Eye

AUTHOR: zb420 - (United States of America)

First of all this makes no sense....you have more going on on your credit report than you are relieving or are aware of.

Second, NEVER EVER close a credit card account.. As cr
azy as it sounds, they ding you for that. Be that as it may, after six years that would be a non-issue.

You need to see your credit report... it will be free because you were turned down by CC.

btw, I use Consumer Cellular and for the money you can't beat it.

Entire story?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Exactly how could you find them unsatisfactory when you only used it once and paid it off?

But CITIBANK has been reviewing my credit monthly ever since.
- Credit inquiries are only reported for 2 years so unless YOU have been reviewing your credit report every month for the last 6 years it is impossible for you to know they have been doing it for 6 years.

Next there are two different types of inquires "hard" and "soft".  A "hard" inquiry is used when you apply for new credit.  A "soft" inquiry is used basically for solicitation purposes.  With a "soft" inquiry no one else sees those inquiries and they have zero effect on your credit report or score.

So what was the exact reason that the cellular place declined you?  If they declined you based on something in your credit report, by law they are required to notify you in writing.

As for the employer being out of date.  That information is only updated as often as it is reported by one of your creditors who have this information.  It is not uncommon for this to be severly out of date, and unless you have put a new employer in any application would explain why it is out of date.  But this also has zero effect on your credit score.

Nope, that's not it

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"CITIBANK has been reviewing my credit monthly"

That does not create a negative credit rating. There's something else going on here.