Complaint Review: CITIMORTGAGE

• Submitted: Tue, December 28, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 28, 2004

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland

It was recently brought to my attention that CitiFinancial has been allowing high interest second mortgage loan as is there right. As we all know it is up to the consumer to accept or reject the terms of the loan agreement. I'm in a situation where I've taken out a second loan with CitiFinancial.

However, my situation appears to be a little different. Let me explain. A while back I applied for a second Mortgage with Citimortgage who also holds the first mortgage on my home. I was denied because of late payments on my account. During the same time frame I applied with CitiFinancial and was approved with the same credit information.

My concern, as both companies are under CitiGroup, why was loan approved by CitiFinancial at the higher interest rate and not the lower under Citimortgage. I've looked over my credit report and don't believe I should have been given approval on the second loan. Most of the high interest loans are given to people in low income areas or whose credit is not up to stuff. I feel that my credit falls in the later. Please advise me with regards to any watch groups, current class actions, etc with regards to the above.

Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2004 03:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CITIMORTGAGE/GAITHERSBURG-Maryland-20898/CITIGROUP-CITIMORTGAGE-ripoff-GAITHERSBURG-Maryland-124627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CITIMORTGAGE