Complaint Review: CITY FINANCIAL SERVICES

• Submitted: Mon, November 03, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 03, 2008

• Reported By:Jamaica New York
CITY FINANCIAL SERVICES
9750 ROYAL LANE SUITE DALLAS TX, Texas U.S.A.

CITY FINANCIAL SERVICES MARY WILLIAMS AND MIKE ADAMS THIS COMPANY AND INDIVIDUALS RIPPED ME OFF DALLAS Texas

*Consumer Comment: Sorry..

I received a letter and a check in the amount of $2,280.00 from this company stating that they are a secret shopping employment specializes in conducting research to assist corporations evalute and improve the quality of customer service. Upon receiving this information I called the number that was provided on the letter and I spoke with a lady who said she was Mary Williams, she insured me that this was a legit company and that the check was wriiten under the bank account Bank of america. After I deposit the check as instructed by Mary Williams, I waited 2 days and followed the tasks as Mary instructed me to.. Burger king or McDonalds, Radio Shack, Money Gram Transfer, and Shell Gas Station. After these task has been completed and Mary picked up the Money Gram she put a stop payment on the check leaving my back account in a $-1640.82 negit. When I spoke with Mary again she apoligize so much that she was in tears and ensured me since the office was closed today (saturday) someone would be calling me on Monday. On Monday after speaking with Mary again she ensured me that some one will be contacting me and she wa so upset that this company would really pull a scam like this. About 11:30 am on Monday I was on the internet and I couldn't believe what I read under this company's name, I immediately called Mary again and this time I demanded for her to send me back the money she stold out of my account, or I was going to file charges against her. Mary stated she had other customerson the phone and she would give me a call back, when I asked was she really going to scam other innocents people who works so hard for their money she hung up the phone. I've tried calling back 15 times and she refuse to speak with me, in the meantime my bank account is still in a negative

Teresa
Jamaica, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2008 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CITY-FINANCIAL-SERVICES/DALLAS-TX-Texas-75213-1722/CITY-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-MARY-WILLIAMS-AND-MIKE-ADAMS-THIS-COMPANY-AND-INDIVIDUALS-RIPPED-M-387442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CITY FINANCIAL SERVICES

Sorry..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You are never going to get your money back from them. This is an old scam that people seem to still fall for.

They did not stop payment on the check. The check was fake either from another companies account or a closed account. They are not in the US but in Canada, which makes prosecution impossible. They probably had you send the MoneyGram using some sort of password(they probably called it an account number). This enabled them to pick up the MoneyGram without ID, again making it impossible to track them down. In about a week or so if you call that number again it will magically be disconnected.

You need to go to your bank and explain the situation. You are still going to have to pay back the money, but they may work with you. If you don't you can expect them to charge-off the balance and turn you over to a collection agency.