Complaint Review: CK Locksmith

• Updated: Sat, July 21, 2012

• Reported By: Marge — Delray Beach Florida United States of America
CK Locksmith

CK Locksmith Scam, Impersonator Internet

Add CK Locksmith-phone number 561- 496-6915- allegedly located in Delray Beach, Florida, to the nationwide list of scam artists. CK Locksmith is an impersonator cloning several large locksmith companies in Florida, including CK's Lockshop. I was the victim of that scam, which cost me $444. My housesitter inadvertently gave me the number for CK Locksmith, instead of CK's Lockshop. The latter is a reputable and established company in Delray Beach.

I contacted CK Locksmith to have the cylinders on 2 locks replaced as the keys were not opening the doors properly. I was quoted $35 for the service call and $20 for each cylinder. The locks in question were of very high quality and about 6 months old. But, as soon as the so called locksmith arrived, he informed that the locks were "no good" and had to be replaced for $165 each. He also informed me that the service call would be $50. I asked him if he took credit cards. He said yes. Upon finishing the job he presented me with a bill for $444 and said his credit card machine was broken and he needed cash or a personal check. He offered to take me to the bank if I needed cash. At that point I got really nervous bvecause he was looking around my house and I wrote out a check. He insisted that it be made out to "Matan Doron", not CK Locksmith. He charged me tax although it is obvious that this thief does not pay taxes. The check was cashed in less than 5 minutes from the time he left my house. In addition, he took the 2 locks he replaced-valued at $160- even though I asked him to leave them. I called the 561-496-6915 number and spoke to someone named Adam. I asked that my locks be returned as they were removed without permission. He answered: lady, go f--- yourself". Obviously no legitimate businessman would speak to a customer this way. I was forced to call the Sheriff's Office and the matter is now under investigation as a larceny is involved.

Subsequently, I learned that the locks he installed and charged me $355 for are worth about $14 each.

As this thief probably made a copy of the keys to the locks I was advised by law enforcement to have the locks rekeyed, which I had to do at an additional cost. CK Lockshop, the legitimate merchant, gave me a 20% discount on the latter job since I had been the victim of a scam.

If you live in the Palm Beach County area be very, very careful and don't be fooled. Do not use CK Locksmith, phone number 561-496-6915. The merchant you want to deal with is CK's Lockshop and Security Center.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CK-Locksmith/internet/CK-Locksmith-Scam-Impersonator-Internet-915560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CK Locksmith