Complaint Review: CLASSMATES.COM - UNITED ONLINE SUBSIDIERY

• Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 18, 2009

• Reported By:Kennewick Washington
CLASSMATES.COM - UNITED ONLINE SUBSIDIERY
2001 Lind Ave SW Renton, Washington U.S.A.

CLASSMATES.COM - UNITED ONLINE SUBSIDIERY Classmates.com charges my bank account monthly even though I can't access website - no way to contact them Renton Washington

In February 2009 I joined Classmates.com and paid vith debit card. The day after I joined I tried to access my account but got error messages that I had no account. I was charged $15 that month and tried to request a refund or be given access. I gave up and just figured it wasn't worth $15 to worry about. In March and April I didn't look at my bank statement (dummy me) and had no idea I was being charged a monthly fee for a service I couldn't access. In February my complaint was that I was missing out on reunion information but I wasn't that concerned about a few dollars. However, today I checked my statement and found I have been charged $15 for four months. 60 bucks is a different matter. Classmates.com is a subdiary of United Online as is FTD Floral Online, Netzero, Juno and others. There are no numbers apparent on Classmates, but investigation of forums online gave me a few numbers to call from others who had been ripped off. But those numbers are worthless for various reasons. Not in service, no selection to speak to customer service, representatives are busy, busy signals, wrong numbers, on and on and on. The email form given on United Online requests verification of my personal email address but never sends me an email to verify to them. Classmates/United are not the only ripoffs and scams I've found but they are notorious. Don't join Classmates.com..... they will charge your account forever without telling you first, not even in the "fine print".

Boblawbla
Kennewick, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLASSMATESCOM-UNITED-ONLINE-SUBSIDIERY/Renton-Washington-98057/CLASSMATESCOM-UNITED-ONLINE-SUBSIDIERY-Classmatescom-charges-my-bank-account-monthly-e-453119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLASSMATES.COM - UNITED ONLINE SUBSIDIERY