Bobbie

• Updated: Wed, October 28, 2009

• Reported By: Darlene — USA
CLASSMATES.COM
333 Elliott Avenue West, suite 500 Seattle, Washington United States of America

CLASSMATES.COM - Privacy Matters 1-2-3 auto-enrolled me in Privacy Matters 1-2-3 and without my permission authorized Privacy Matters to charge my credit card $19.99 a month! Seattle Washington

Do not sign up for Classmates.com! You will be auto-enrolled for a service called Privacy Matters 1-2-3 and they will charge your credit card $19.99 a month. I have been back and forth with Classmates.com and they claim that when I signed up for Classmates.com I had the option to join Privacy Matters 1-2-3. There WAS NO OPTION. Classmates.com SOLD MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER to Privacy Matters.

Classmates.com representatives claim that I opted in (I DID NOT) and that I would have received a confirmation from Privacy Matters via email (I DID NOT). When I called Privacy Matters, they required that I again provide my credit card number which I would not do (if they charged my card, why do they need the number again?). I finally had to cancel my credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2009 04:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLASSMATESCOM/Seattle-Washington-98119/CLASSMATESCOM-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3-auto-enrolled-me-in-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3-and-witho-516041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLASSMATES.COM