Complaint Review: CLASSMATES.COM

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2008

• Reported By:keyser West Virginia
CLASSMATES.COM
Internet U.S.A.

CLASSMATES.COM CLASSMATES.COM RENEWAL POLICY FRAUDULANT charges you without consent Online Internet

Classmates.com automatically renewed my subscription without my authorization. I contested the charge with my credit card company, the credit card company said that the web site has a very small box that is automatically checked when you first sign up, I still believe that I in no way shape or form agreed to them re-charging my credit card. This is fraud if I have ever heard of it.

When I tried to reach anyone at the company, I found they do not have a listed telephone and do not answer emails. The only thing they sell are subscriptions. Classmates.com had lied about the purchase; lied about the description of the purchase; never contacted me that they were automatically renewing my subscription. I contested the charge through my credit card company and they said I would get a cop of the dispute in writing.

Again, I tried to contact Classmates.com and found that they had listed my credit card number IN THE CLEAR, in the category of My Account. I never authorized or approved an automatic renewal.

Be aware that all Classmates.com sells is subscriptions. THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE. Once they have your card info, they will continue to rack up charges even if you do not authorize them to do so.

Tom
keyser, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLASSMATESCOM/internet/CLASSMATESCOM-CLASSMATESCOM-RENEWAL-POLICY-FRAUDULANT-charges-you-without-consent-Online-348856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLASSMATES.COM