Complaint Review: CLASSMATES.com - MyPOINTS.com - UNITED ONLINE - MySITE.com

• Submitted: Sun, November 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, November 01, 2009

• Reported By: Richard — Great Barrington Massachusetts United States of America
CLASSMATES.com - MyPOINTS.com - UNITED ONLINE - MySITE.com
21301 Burbank Blvd #3 Woodland Hills, California United States of America

CLASSMATES.com - MyPOINTS.com - UNITED ONLINE - MySITE.com UnitedOnline.net Membership Auto Renewal Ripoff Woodland Hills, California

Hello. I'm having a problem with Classmates.com. They have 'auto renewed' my membership and charged my charge card, even though I had selected not to renew the membership after one year. I have previous experience with Classmates.com doing this, as well as another company called Match.com. Both these companies are owned now by UnitedOnline.net I have received two emails from Classmates.com customer service refusing to issue a credit because (they claim) that I had slected 'auto renew'. I did not. At this point, it's not the $39 that's been charged to my charge card. It's the fact that they are taking advantage of people. I would suspect I'm not the only person being ripped off by Classmates.com's renewal practice. If anyone on the ripoff report site could intervene on my behalf, it would be much appreciated. I would love to start a class action suit against these folks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2009 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLASSMATEScom-MyPOINTScom-UNITED-ONLINE-MySITEcom/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/CLASSMATEScom-MyPOINTScom-UNITED-ONLINE-MySITEcom-UnitedOnlinenet-Membership-518071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLASSMATES.com - MyPOINTS.com - UNITED ONLINE - MySITE.com