Complaint Review: CLEAN EDISON

• Submitted: Wed, September 26, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: WHALEY R.N. — Kentucky United States of America
CLEAN EDISON

CLEAN EDISON CEO: AVI YASHCHIN Solar Training Class Scam - Buyers Beware! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Issue Resolved Satisfactorily

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Issue Resolved Satisfactorily

*Author of original report: Update: matter now resolved

My husband paid over $2800 for the Solar PV class in Louisville, Ky starting Sept. 3rd, 2012 (Labor Day) and their paperwork states they have the right to postpone class one week prior to start date.  We got our notice by email on the evening of August 31, not much notice.  My husband had already gave his hours up at work and it was too late to reverse it so he lost a weeks pay over this.   The main thing that worried me was calling the hotel that was supposed to host the training class that same night and the hotel says they have NO KNOWLEDGE OF CLEAN EDISON OR ANY CLASS TO BE HELD AT THEIR LOCATION!  We immediately started asking for refund by email to Justin Hall.  One person told me it could be 30 days then later they change it to 45 days but I felt the company was taking advantage of us.  They sure didn't follow policy for cancellation notice and should have to refund our money sooner because they have caused us alot of distress from financial strain. Justin was helpful at first but the days kept going by and finally got an email after we made threats to file claims.  Daniel Yashchin was handling my refund, said he expected it to go out Wednesday, Sept 19th and offered to send a scanned copy of check.  He never replied to my emails after that.  I went back to Justin and he replied Friday, Sept 21st saying our name was on reimbursement list and it should go out by end of that day.  Tuesday, Sept 25th I call customer service and they tell me no checks went out because the company was waiting to receive a large payment from other source before they can send checks, Oh my!  I think that is pitiful.  I asked to speak to someone in accounting dept but she was "out sick".  I guess this large company only has one person in accounting.  I have emailed several persons including the CEO without reply.  I have filed claims with New York BBB and Federal Trade Commission.  Their website shows logos of ABCnews, Cnn, and others that have supposedly gave them exposure so those same companies should be checking into Clean Edison a little more to let the public know how they really conduct business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2012 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLEAN-EDISON/internet/CLEAN-EDISON-CEO-AVI-YASHCHIN-Solar-Training-Class-Scam-Buyers-Beware-Internet-946917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLEAN EDISON

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Issue Resolved Satisfactorily

AUTHOR: Avi Yashchin - ()

Dear Ms. Whaley,

I was very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your CleanEdison experience.  As soon as I became aware of your complaint, our company acted swiftly to get you your refund, and I am extremely glad that this problem has now been resolved to your satisfaction.

You will be happy to hear that due in part to your feedback, we have restructured our refund process. Rather than having multiple employees working on customer issues, we have centralized all refund requests and other issues through one person who is ultimately responsible for customer happiness. That way, there is a single, streamlined point of contact for all customers who would like to request a refund.

CleanEdison, like every other company, makes mistakes but also strives to improve. I apologize for your experience, I wanted to let you know that we have taken concrete steps to improve our customer service, and I invite you back to try us again in the future.

best,
CleanEdison CEO

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Issue Resolved Satisfactorily

AUTHOR: Avi Yashchin - ()

Dear Ms. Whaley,

I was distressed to hear that you were unhappy with your CleanEdison experience.  Our classes do need to meet a minimum enrollment in order to hold, and unfortunately we were forced to cancel your husband's class.  Whenever we are forced to cancel a class, we always offer the students the option of rescheduling for another date and/or location, and we also extend the option of taking our online on-demand training, at no additional cost.

best,
CleanEdison CEO

Update: matter now resolved

AUTHOR: WHALEY R.N. - (United States of America)

The company called me and offered to wire the money directly which impressed me very much.  They were very nice and apologetic.  Our issues are resolved and I would recommend them.  They have renewed my faith in Clean Edison.