screen

285 CENTURY PLACE SUITE 200 louisville, Colorado United States of America

CLEAR CREEK Income Tax Help... louisville, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Trying to get the word out

*Consumer Comment: A suggestion

I was promised they had attoney's that could help me ... That all I needed was the right words and format to present to the NC State and IRS...  They promised to handle everything within 30-45 days. that my case was common and that their attoney's would give me a fresh start..I have just gotten divorced that year 2010 in Aug. and filed my taxes in march when I recieved letter from the NC State and IRS that taxes had not been filed in years... I was not awhereof this and had call the tax offices tryingto work out an arrangement with them . no such luck.. I could not get anyone to talk to me... Clear Creek told me they had NC Attoneys and that they could start this right now .. and could handle NC State and IRS for 1,000.00 .. I dont have the money .. clear creek sugested I not pay my mortage and give them the money .. today and they would get this cleared up in the next 30 and probelly less by my next payroll..  The State was getting ready to garnish my paycheck in a week.. that this would be the only check to be garnished and that I would be able to start working on catching up my mortgage after that and would have this debts and interest penlatiy removed and could start over fresh with my divorce and a new life.. that I needed let them get started now and my next check would be free of garnishment... I really believed them and was scared.. clear cleek told me that the state would not just garnish my pay but my bank account and even take my home... and they could be getting ready to do all this before the end of the year... and that their attoney's could stop all this.. I needed to retain right now... give them 500.00 now and 500.00 in two weeks  that was my housepayment and then all my bill money for the month too. left me behind on everything and clear creek was aware of this I told them I would be behind on everthing... But was told I was going to get worst if I didnt hire them to stop this..

So I did I did it right then it was emailed to me and i was to sent it back ..I still had garnishment till end of year and now on a payment plan with interest for more than I  can afford.. and now they want more money to do nothing and have cancelled my POA with them because I have no mmore money to give them .. And Brian Bushore not attoney like I was told hung up on me not once but twice whenI have ask what he was doing with my case .. today 2/24/11 he told me he refuses to talk to me without more money and will not be ndoing anything for me.. how is this fair.. that they can take my 1,000.00 all I had and then some and lie to me.. I am going to lose me home and have late fees on everything because I was told I needed them . this wrong there was no attorney.. and they are not in NC.. Like I was told...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLEAR-CREEK/louisville-Colorado-80027/CLEAR-CREEK-Income-Tax-Help-louisville-Colorado-699423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLEAR CREEK

Trying to get the word out

AUTHOR: tax_watch_blogger - (United States of America)

I plan on soon starting a blog covering such practices by these tax resolution companies.  I am especially interested in writing about how their actual contracts often don't match what they promise on the phone.

Would you be willing to send me a copy of the service's agreement (contract) they sent you?  I would obviously ask that if there is any personal information on the contract that it not be included.

My email address is taxwatchblogger and is a gmail account (I'd spell out the email address but formatting at ripoffreport doesn't allow "at" symbols.).

Tax Watch Blogger

A suggestion

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

If the information you presented is accurate, then the advice you are receiving from Clear Creek is irresponsible.  First, do not miss a house payment.  That will affect your credit for at least three years and could eventually result in you losing your home if you are unable to catch up with the missed payments.

Based on what you wrote, I assume you are a female and relied on your ex-spouse to report tax liability.  Apparently he did not do so.  Here are a few suggestions you can do for yourself without the aid of Clear Creek.

1.  Contact the IRS directly to arrange a payment plan that you can afford.  The IRS has experience dealing with these situations and will work with you.

2.  Consider filing a Married Filing Separate (MFS) return, reporting your income only.  That would reduce your liability and make your ex-spouse responsible for his share.  If you have less income than your ex-spouse, then your share of the debt would be very low.

3.  If you do decide that filing a MFS return would be in your interest, your ex-spouse would then be contacted by the IRS demanding he file.  His tax liability could be much higher than yours.  He would then ask that you amend your return to Married Filing Jointly.  If he were to do so, decline to do so.  Once you amend the return to MFJ, you each become liable for the total payment, penalties and interest.  The IRS would then demand you make the payment and your ex would pay nothing.  I've seen it happen before.

4.  Ask the IRS about filing an Injured or Innocent Spouse Request.  That could also relieve you of some, if not all, liability.

5.  Considing taking Clear Creek to small claims court to get a refund if you know they did nothing on your behalf to help you.  I don't know how that would work, but it could be worth a shot.

Good luck.